Builds Poppy- '84 FJ60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
Not sure what to say here... "Repeat after me............." My name is Jason and I AM AN ADDICT!! I'm in step ONE of my 500 step program...

Andrea sent me a text yesterday with pictures of this 60. I thought to myself it was nice to see another cruiser in the area.. THEN she sends another text with the FOR SALE sign in the window. :doh:

I of course call and schedule a time to come see and test drive it. You all know I'm helpless when it comes to 60s--- WELL MOST ANY CRUISER. I get there today, it fires right up... A/C blows ice cold... all lights - wipers signals work... Hmm... let's drive it now... The clutch needs to be adjusted, great throttle response, fully smogged and all is original from what I can tell under the hood. Other than the dash added cup holder and Alpine cassette player, its all original. 145K on the clock.

We negotiate a deal, drive across the street to my bank and pay the man and notarize all the paperwork.

Topped the tank off and drove it 17 miles home. Smooth as glass on the interstate and ran 65-75 mph the whole way. I don;t even think I need to put my new door seals on... seriously.. its that quiet! Bumpers are straight with no dents. Slight quarter panel rust, but an easy weekend project fix. Paint is a little rough and needs a new touch of 309 in due time. For the $$ I paid, it is the best platform I have ever started with.

The grill, headlight bezels and mirrors need to be addressed ASAP... HA! I have a few sets of Euro mirrors and the grill and HL bezels just need to be stripped and repainted...

Andrea named it Poppy. This will be the first girl cruiser I've ever owned. But, thought it was appropriate to let Andrea name her since she found it.

The standard baselining and new OEM goodies will be ordered from @beno in the next week or so once a list is gathered.

Not sure where I will take this rig yet. Andrea may talk me into keeping it as stock as possible.

NOTE: Goss is truly a MONSTER NEXT TO Poppy!

Have a great weekend guys,

Jason

P1030653.JPG
P1030654.JPG
P1030652.JPG
P1030648.JPG
P1030649.JPG

What is it with you and red?? Nice find, will be interesting to see how this one changes.

Andrea understands your addiction,,,,thankfully! Tell her Jenna and I said hello. Good for you both. That damn thing still has the dust shroud over the distributor. Red is good but gotta fix that front!
It's been less than an hour since your first post on this. I got a cold Negra Modelo in my hand that says you got at least one bumper pulled off already.

Andrea understands your addiction,,,,thankfully! Tell her Jenna and I said hello. Good for you both. That damn thing still has the dust shroud over the distributor. Red is good but gotta fix that front!
It's been less than an hour since your first post on this. I got a cold Negra Modelo in my hand that says you got at least one bumper pulled off already.

T, not sure what I'm gonna do yet. The fabricator in me wants to go crazy with the Cheez Wiz.. but I am just beside myself on how nice the ride is currently.

It will get a 2" lift and new 31-33s for sure, but not sure what else, anytime soon..

J

Looks clean! Any rust issues? How many miles? Is the engine strong?

And hang on to those camo seat covers, that's a lot of resale value in Wyoming! Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545

Looks clean! Any rust issues? How many miles? Is the engine strong?

And hang on to those camo seat covers, that's a lot of resale value in Wyoming! Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545

Some paint bubbling in the quarter panel edge.. Easy fix... 145K... engine runs great, I will do a compression check in a few days.

Damn camo.... They are new Cabellas covers.. I'll put them up for sale....

J

Freeborn red!!! Woo-Hoo!

Sick man. Sick ride. Totally radical dude!

Nicely done! I'm a red cruiser fan as well, but the front grille and those "genuine" floor mats may be a bit over the top ;). Beautiful find.

Holy smokes, lady in red, she's a beauty!!!
Awesome find, stock is the best buy.
Grille refurb, eu-mirrors (from me?)
5spd?
If keeping the stock-ish look, you probably wanna stick a pto winch on that girl. (I have a complete spare)
With 255's it's gonna be a blast-beast!

I love those old floor mats!

Freeborn red!!! Woo-Hoo!

Red is fun and looks FAST.. HA!

You got the best color out there. Nice

I'll repaint this time instead of Monstaliner.

^^^ agreed.

Freeborn Red has to be the best LC color out there.

Congrats @reevesci

I'll be in touch soon Onur. Hoses, belts, valve cover gasket, etc... etc... I need to dig through my OEM boxes and see what I have still...

Sick man. Sick ride. Totally radical dude!

It needs some love, but in due time.

Nicely done! I'm a red cruiser fan as well, but the front grille and those "genuine" floor mats may be a bit over the top ;). Beautiful find.

Grill and HL bezels will go ASAP.. I like the floor mats though.

Holy smokes, lady in red, she's a beauty!!!
Awesome find, stock is the best buy.
Grille refurb, eu-mirrors (from me?)
5spd? If keeping the stock-ish look, you probably wanna stick a pto winch on that girl. (I have a complete spare)
With 255's it's gonna be a blast-beast!

I love those old floor mats!

Your mirrors or I have a couple extra pair now.. HA! No 5 spd plans YET... No sure on armor yet either. Maybe a subtle OE look alike custom set of bumpers. Front with a nicely tucked away winch and my step down bumper for the rear-- no swing arms though are where my thoughts are now.

Congrats and was hoping for another Marley build!! Seat covers will go for a premium here in Alabama it is Deer season you know!
Subscribed:beer:

Exactly! May not put that much into Poppy though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom