Pop Top Camper Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Absolutely kick ass rig-if I may ask where is the breather for the transfer case, may be getting same issue you had on my '78 40, also 2F btw

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of your propane tank setup would you? I'm trying to decide how to mount mine.
Will try to take photos when I get home. I looks like it used to be all plumed. Now I need to pull the tank out and connect to the cooking stove. Eventually I will re-plumb and connect to a SMEV burner sink in the troopy, with ideally a quick disconnect outside.

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of your propane tank setup would you? I'm trying to decide how to mount mine.
Attached are photos of the propane tank setup. Let me know if you would like any other angles.
DSC_4587.JPG DSC_4588.JPG DSC_4589.JPG DSC_4590.JPG DSC_4591.JPG

Way cool rig :cheers:

Love the rig, hard to find are they not??

Well, feeling a bit frustrated. Changed the front bearing seal on the transfer case again. Drove for about 15 miles and could see a new leak coming from somewhere else. Rear seal maybe? It is not from the low range or 4wd shaft seals. So went for another drive and it now leaks from the front seal again. What am I doing wrong? On the other hand, no more leaks from the engine.

Got a Hitch 'N Plow set up, with a 6 ft Grading blade, so I can now plow the driveway and the neighbors driveways. Works pretty well. Also, I did manage to fix all the oil leaks before the snow started flying here in Montana. Have been enjoying the Troopy. Near future work involves a new fresh water tank, new muffler and exhaust pipe system and hopefully sometime next fall/winter, new leafs, shocks, etc...
DSC_5088.JPG

Very interesting! A modified 3 point. I've often thought about setting up something like that so I could mount a large (4 or 5') hydraulically operated tiller, and a blade like yours. I would like to be able to properly care for my driveway (about 600' long) and do the first tilling in the garden in the spring. This would really help my back (back problems).

Could you post some close up pics, and a description, of this?

Don

Thanks! I had no idea that anything like that was made. I wish I could afford a smaller tractor, but this better fits my income.

Don

Well, I had a chance to do a bit of work on the Troopy this spring and summer. I replaced the suspension with a new heavy duty OME kit from the nice folks at Cruiser Outfitters (Thanks). New leafs, bushings, shocks, etc... I also replace the leaking muffler. Replacing the leaf springs was simple, if not for one minor issue. While trying to get the left rear leaf springs down, they unfortunately landed on my left hand fingers completely braking my middle finger in 7 to 8 places, after surgery, metal pin, and physical therapy it is almost back to like new, but I could have easily lost part of my middle finger, fortunately they manage to save it during surgery. Be careful, these things are heavy. Below are a few photos.
Old Suspension, leafs that landed on my hand.
P1180327.JPG
P1180328.JPG
New suspension
Troopy new suspension.JPG

Oh, I forgot to mention, I have removed all the interior with my son's help, and the plan is to rebuild it all this spring, with new cabinets, plumbing for gas and water, and we will see about all the electrical. I have some ideas for an hot water system, with a hot water holding tank and an exterior shower, but we will see how it all comes together, as I have never done something like this.

That's what I call getting into your work---the hard way. Also, looks like it could have been rather sore. Several years ago I had my hand swell up so much that I had trouble flexing my fingers, and couldn't hardly see my knuckles. When the swelling finally went down I was surprised at how much the skin peeled off in big chunks, just like starting to happen in the pic of the top of your fingers. And, I didn't have the excuse of having my hand torn up.

I am so glad that you were able to save your fingers. I really hope that you've been able to get full use of that hand.

Don

Nice truck.................ugly hand.

Hope you recover 100%. (w/o a lot more pain)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom