Poor Wallys Landcruiser Emporium (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wally tub

mine was built by wally aka:tyke

3/16" sides....1/8"floors

was the 3rd one he did? many many many moons ago

mine has over 100,000 miles onit since he did it...my replacement front fenders are rotting thru but not the tub :grinpimp: solid as ever:grinpimp:
JohnnyC.JPG
JohnnyC2.jpg

Wally's a good guy. I've done business with him. He's got 3 barns full of used parts, and will give you good prices on them. His tubs are really nice, too.

Does anyone know how he does the radius bend in the rear? I've been thinking about redoing my sides in 1/8 or 3/16, but I'm not sure how to do the bends. I would think you would need a rather large roll bender, or he has some trick to do it.

JohnnyC - do you have any close ups of the upper channel of the tub? Does he weld on to the outside of the channel, or does he weld to the original sheet just below it? Just wondering how it looks with the thicker steel welded up to it.

Thanks

could you give us pics of inside the tub? does he do firewall back or is it a 3/4 tub.. thanks!

the bend is made by his steel supplier...just soo happens its the largest bend they can do in that thick of steel...lucky us :)

he uses the top channel and welds the steel to the outside edge.

originally we just did the sides and used the original floors...then i rolled it on the highway...we rebuilt it with the samesides still on and just put new floors 1/8".
when we did mine after the roll we kept the front foors because they were ok and did all flooring from the seats back.

depending on the truck will depend on what gets done to it. I have seen him do all floors...firewall back...

dependent on your rigs condition will depend on what gets done.

That floor thickness is not overkill at all if you ask me. Rollcages and even factory bars have a much better chance of not punching through the floor if it is thicker. Ideally, you would run supports to the frame, but it certainly does not hurt. Also, the thicker the steel, the longer it takes to rust. Putting thin steel floors to a 3/16th tub makes little sense in the northeast.

the tub ends up weighing in around the saem as with a factory hardtop on. Maybe a few hundred pounds more than stock. not too bad at all.

Cost depends on what you need done, floors, gas tank drop, main supports, sides, etc. He builds every one custom, so everything fits.

Pics of my piece of Doo-Dee.

Last edited:
more from 8 years ago when the tub was new

Last edited:
that's right- even more

This one is an OLD pic of BigRedfj40

Wish I had pics of the 45 LWB that just left. That was amazing.

It is not really only cruisers, he is helping a buddy do a frame off on a Unimog 404 at the farm, and just slung some rockwells under an F-350. Cruisers are his livelyhood, though.

Last edited:
I went to college in VT and Wally was awesome for me and a friend as well.. He put mini truck power steering on my yellow FJ40... And did one of his tubs on the white FJ40 and replaced half the frame! One of my favorite FJ40's ever... Same as someone else's posted earlier.. Everything else started giving up the ghost but the tub was killer. But this white 40 was salvaged from the northeast, they are so rare up there especially in decent shape... It had rockers trimmed up and a tiny little lift but with 34" narrows was tough little wheeling machine..!
outside5.JPG
DSC00013.JPG
DSC00434.JPG

Last edited:
Ditto on Wally's work. His stuff is built just right. Everything else is underbuilt. :grinpimp: When my tub dies I'll be placing an order with the man. It's fun to see these tubs on the trail as trees and rocks have little effect.

No websight.... it's a small yet well equipped grassroots shop he runs out of one his barns. He parts many FJs of various vintage, but his main work seems to be resto. You can try to e-mail him at farmboy@sover.net , yet are better off calling 802 823 5645.

Is this still Wally's contact info? I noticed that this thread was started 4 years ago.

does anybody know if he does v8 conversions? he's got my fj45v and i may get an answer from here before i can get him on the phone.

does anybody know if he does v8 conversions? he's got my fj45v and i may get an answer from here before i can get him on the phone.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he'll do whatever you want. You may have to source the parts.

PM me. I got a call on this today :) I help him find parts from time to time.

He is working on it.

The short answer is he will do what ever you want. He has done diesel swaps in a rover, and an FJ40. He spends a lot more time taking OUT small blocks than putting them in, but it is not a problem. He has done small block swaps. His 45 p/u came with a small block that he threw out and put in an F motor and PTO winch.

Where were you three months ago when I sold a running 89 TBI Blazer , 700R4 with 80K on it (and an 8'plow) for $400?

It is hay season. For the next week or two, you will have a hard time getting him much before 6PM.

he called me back right after i posted. that blazer drivetrain is exactly what i'm thinking about putting in there. i would go with a diesel, but i want to be able to find parts quick and easy and i want an auto.

talked to him about this last night. He and I are both looking around for a donor vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom