polishing a TuRD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

in an odd coincidence (ok, it probably isn't), I may have a suitable candidate for some of the front 80 stuff...

Hmmmmm Are you going to be around on sunday?

Quit putting ideas in my head!! The one thing i don't like about the 80 stuff is the steering and the hi steer knuckles are $$$$.

What did I tell you about high steer??

Sorry John...

About time! Someone was messing with a key option a while ago, but this is way better. Good deal too!

I think the 6 shooter market just dried up! I will be interested to see where that moves the failure point.

Fail points will be the same as for the six shooter crowd. For the mini axle guys- R&P, housings, trunions, and hubs... For the LC axle guys- trunions and hubs. Assuming this key thing works.

I imagine a lot of guys doing their own machining with an angle grinder, and if the mating of the key is not 90* they may fail faster than stock. Now there will be a huge stretching force on the super hard (knowing toyota- grade 8 or 12) studs as the arm tries to "ramp" over the knuckle's key....

Yea this is something that is well worth the 15 bucks plus shipping to have FROR mill the knuckle or finding a machine shop to do it. I know in the dana axle world if you don't machine the surfaces on flat top knuckles perfectly, s*** goes bad fast. I was shaking my head at the guys asking if you can do it with a grinder.

picked up the axles today:
IMG_20150515_124232_085_zpsjrukehfj.jpg

IMG_20150515_125419_402_zpszg9u0ffc.jpg

So i ended up picking up a set of springs from derrick as well, we think they are fj 60 fronts. Question is would i be good running these up front soa? They are 45"s eye to eye and 5 leaf.
IMG_20150515_130055_215_zpsg3yvh3mt.jpg

If not im working on a set of stock waggy springs from a colorado truck, shipping may suck though.

Those appear to be rear springs cause all the front 60 springs I've removed did not have that rubber isolation stuff on them

Rubber isolation stuff? They are 6 leafs, i apparently cant count.

Jenns 62 rode like a mack truck, and she had twice the motor weight as you...

That's what I was afraid of, but at least I'm not out anything.

If it has 6 leafs out sounds like a rear.

You could always pull leafs

Always an option. So my fan clutch took a s***, that probably explains why if I use my ac while wheeling my truck overheats. A Taurus electric fan is cheaper than a new fan clutch, has anyone ever wired one of these up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom