Platinum Spark Plugs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

C-Dan,
Try this -http://people.hsc.edu/students/hopkinsw/temp.html
or try F=9/5C + 32. Please do not apply for a job at NASA.  :slap: I have a converter calculator I use Radio Shack Cat # 65-538 ) - especially when I travel because as a 'merican' I'm just not with it.
Bill

Where the hell did I get that formula? :stupid:  Shoulda been 1.8 instead of 1.9 :stupid: 82.5 x 1.8 +32 =180.5 (close)

BTW, the catalog description of the thermostat is "WAX 82-95"  which means it starts to open at 82 and is fully open at 95.

So it starts to open at 180 +/- and is fully open at 203 +/-

I don't see how I could hurt things too much at NASA as every thing we have talked about is above freezing ::)

PS, If you think that's bad, wait til you get your shims :eek:

C-Dan,
I did the platinum plugs this weekend, The only problem was finding a spark plug gap tool that would do .8mm or .031inch??
All I could find where .030 in or .032 in ?
Eduardo

That would be a "loose" 30 or a "tight" 32 :G

Doug,

Prof cruiserdan grades yer paper "A" Don't forget to include that the naturally aspirated platinum option plug needs to be re-gapped at .8mm(.031in) bending the BASE of the negitive electrode only.(on an un-used plug, never adjust the gap on a platinum plug that has been "run")[/quote]

C-Dan,
I did go for the "lose .30 and tight .32" only thing that I noticed from this post, is that I tweaked (on one or two plugs)
the side and base of the negative electrode. And since they are in and "running" I guess they are in to stay?
Eduardo

you're ok........ :G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom