Pics of Green FJ40s - The BEST color. - show us what you have!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After seeing other 40s that are not even green, I figured I would post my green 60. Hope to be purchasing a 40 here shortly and I really like 6H9. Enjoy.
image.jpg

Green fans - opinion - I'm hoping to go Spring Green as a tribute to the early models on my 76 40. Below is a sample photo of someone's vehicle that I may emulate.

My question is this - should I do white on factory 15" rims like below or another color? I have a friend who suggested a pale green tint much lighter than the Spring Green, which could be used in other areas too. I would likely keep the roof and front bezel Cygnus White, but I'm a poor excuse for a graphic designer (and this person who made the suggestion is both a designer and a cruiser head).

I'm not sure I like the white rims, but I do think that gray is wrong. I'm doing a pretty meticulous rebuild, but clearly willing to bend the rules on "factory" to a small degree.

My question is - is it a mistake to do a different color other than factory on a rebuild where I want to be in the ballpark of originality? Or is white the perfect match for this wonderful green?

Someone's great looking Spring Green 40
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1413142826.697280.jpg

Are the rims the newer rims like the pic or the older rims? If you send me a side view ill photoshop it for you or have your friend photoshop it.

I can try and turn another color side view color spring green if you cant find one. I'll do it late tonight.

ColorFJ40_5.jpg
ColorFJ40_3.jpg

I think the first one is pushed more Spring Green, I think (?). I think the original below might be fashion green so I adjusted it. I like both of these colors. BTW ignore the weird color jittering - that's artifact from photoshop adjustments and some quick sloppy photoshop brushwork.

Anyway as for the rims - I did a white, a gray, and a cream a la Robert LaDuke's. I like gray or cream personally. Let me know if this is different than what you wanted.

Mike

Last edited:
View attachment 952869 View attachment 952863

I think the first one is pushed more Spring Green, I think (?). I think the original below might be fashion green so I adjusted it. I like both of these colors. BTW ignore the weird color jittering - that's artifact from photoshop adjustments and some quick sloppy photoshop brushwork.

Anyway as for the rims - I did a white, a gray, and a cream a la Robert LaDuke's. I like gray or cream personally. Let me know if this is different than what you wanted.

Mike

That's great work Mike! You mind emailing these to me? I really need to study these. S m Portis a t g mail dawt kom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom