D'animal 1996 FZJ80 Landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Animal

Rescuer of Beagles & Landcruisers
Threads
Just picked up a bone stock 1996 FZJ 80. This is a super clean rig that a soccer mom has used as a daily driver since 2002. The engine was rebuilt at 220,000 miles. The head gasket blew at 242,000 miles, on Dec 2nd.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

image-68767735.jpg

image-522187025.jpg

Congrat dan! What are your plans? Is that a reverse light next to the hitch on the ds? Is it green or black? How many miles now?

Nice find. What did you pay for reference?

Bet you its a cheap non oem gasket when you take it off. Prob along with no work done to the head when replaced.

Great find !
If its locked, exactly what I am looking for !!

No idea why the gasket blew. I will be replacing the head bolts when I put the new OEM Head gasket in. Plan is to have the head checked for cracks and milled as needed. Valve job probably would not hurt.

I have never seen PIAA lights like this. Looks like they belong on a snow plow.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

If you need a stock Toyota Head Gasket, I have one for sale. I just rebuilt my engine and used a different gasket. PM me of interested.

Head Gasket blew since the engine builder actually set the head on the gasket and created a crease in the gasket.
Good find! Looks like she liked accessories, too. Any idea why the headgasket went just 20k after a rebuild?

Nice find. What did you pay for reference?

Bet you its a cheap non oem gasket when you take it off. Prob along with no work done to the head when replaced.

snowrun got his cruiser same way...p.o. had the head gasket replaced and it blew again. turned out whomever replaced it used a bunch of coppercoat or something and plugged the water passages

^ I have that same one. Nice find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom