Picked up another Ford.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dress warm when ya do lol

Steve
thanks for the link. I also know someone(father in law) who has some buddies in Model A/T clubs. They go to Iola every year, and one guy has a schitload of parts for those cars(barn find).

That thing is awesome, and I think you should do a frame off;)

awesome. i was thinking i was going to read a ground up resto thread and it turned out even better. enjoy it! :beer:

Great thread.......what does it say or used to say on the rear?
Butch

I though about you when I drove by this rig this morning. It is up in the mountains near my place.
DSCF7897.JPG
DSCF7898.JPG

That's such an awesome car, Poser! Great way to carry on the legacy.

Any updates?

This thread has given me just cause to stop and reflect on times and loved ones past lost... Thanks!!!

x2

The fact that it was owned by your Grandfather makes it even more priceless.

Love the old Ford, love the story even more. :beer:

Here is a sweet one for you steve. A guy wants me to help him find a new home for it. He has owned it for 50+ years, so he is pretty proud of it. Cool.

DSC00908.jpg

**** cool, price?

He put it in heated storage for the winter. It is bone stock, and he still drives it in the summer, even with Mechanical brakes, and he is 80+. He needs to get the emotion out of it to be more realistic on price.

I never knew this section of the forum existed until today. Anyway, here's my new project, looks to be the same year as Poser's (31)

They belong to my dad, in a few years my kids will be the same age I was when I first remember riding in this car. Unfortunately they've been sitting untouched for about a decade, and one of them has deteriorated quite badly. I was never a big fan of these when I was younger, I guess there wasn't enough bling or horsepower to keep a young male's interest, but now I look at thing differently and all of a sudden these are a lot more interesting. I finally got one of them running over Thanksgiving. Funny thing I spent almost as long trying to figure out how to start the car as it did to fix all the issues. Gotta love the manual spark advance and hand throttle, and that little gas shutoff vavle under the tank.

One of these days I would love to do a re-creation road trip, a la Grapes of Wrath, or even take an old desert off road trip in one of these, but there's also the temptation to hot rod one of them. I know a purist would probably have a heart attack, but with a top speed of about 45-50 mph these aren't real road friendly.

P1270355.JPG

Last edited:
I thought of this thread when I saw this truck....

Saw this baby at a little hot-rod show I went to.

It's pretty sweet, but no flames on it....

Champs_Car_Show 015_sm.jpg

Champs_Car_Show 016_sm.jpg

Champs_Car_Show 015_sm.jpg

Champs_Car_Show 016_sm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom