Pewter Paint - Rattle Can (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hmm. You have T1447 and the guy I quoted had T1434 for the 68 up metallic grey. Wonder which is right

Adding this to this thread, for posterity (and so I can find it easier):

"FWIW, the metallic silver paint commonly used on bumpers, brackets, glove box door, etc, is not "pewter." TLC4x4 uses Morton Stardust Silver for powder coating, and it is a decent match.

The correct Toyota codes are:

T1434 Metallic Gray (1968 and newer)
T46 Silver Tan Metallic (1967 and older--slightly darker)"

Don't know who to credit, it was in a Word file I'd made and stored on my hard drive.

copy paste.:bounce:

what does FWIW stand for?
To me, this would be the way to go. buy the paint from your local paint shop, for your gun, or get them to make you some rattle cans.
15 bucks a rattle can $9.13 shipping would add up fast. wonder what shipping to Canada would have been.:eek: + US funds.

thanks
END of hi jack.

:popcorn:

For What It's Worth.

If it's paint from a can JT has the best......trust me I know! BUT its great on small items like hood hooks, but larger flat items you will need to have great prep skills as it will show everything.

I agree. I did my seat backs today, and they came out just ok after a ton of sanding, priming, sanding cycles. I did the fuel filler covers too.

The color is not exactly the same as the Toyota color. It's lighter. To my eyes, the original has a hint of green when the two are compared side-by-side. I didn't take a picture of the two colors together, sorry.

The splotchy look will probably go away as it really dries, and it's much more noticable in the picture than in person. The worst couple of spots are reflections from the seatbelt on the left and the fuel filler covers on the right.
seatbacks335.jpg

Has anyone managed to get a new working code for this?
T46 Silver Tan Metallic (1967 and older--slightly darker)

Ash Grey pics

Here's Ash Grey Metallic T145 on the bumpers and grille, professionally sprayed.
2-11-11 025.jpg
2-11-11 021.jpg

NICE pig!!!

That Ash Grey looks fnatastic.

Bringing this thread alive again to see if anyone else has good alternatives for Peweter pain in rattle can.
I cannot find photos of Cruiser Corps paint actually used.

Rustoleum has an "Aged Iron" textured paint I used as a top coat on the bumpers-looks pretty good to me--but not OEM, of course--sorry for the long shot-didn't have a close-up.

NPSGG1.JPG

Took my bumpers apart this weekend and found some original paint on the rear bumper. The original color of T1434 is no longer available and no one seems to even show that it ever existed. I put several samples up against my bumper and Number T122 looks closest to me. I will be using T145 thought as my new mirror heads are closer to that color and are already painted.

I have used that on my shackles and other pieces. I was looking for a hardened paint which is why I was trying to find the most correct. I actually will be going with T145 Ash Gray, it is a little darker than the original pieces but my new Toyota mirror heads are closer to T145 so I figured I would match everything to the mirrors.

Duplicolr pewter is really close

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom