Pesky heater hose issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im here because i have run out of patience with the phh. I have replaced the radiator, hoses, belts, water pump, thermostat, fan, fan clutch, pulleys... everything is pretty much new as far as cooling goes and it was done with minimal amount of sweat, but this heater hose is ridiculous... i took the old one off which was about to pop, and i put the new one on the metal tube end, and for the life of me I cant get it to pop in into the engine side. Its literally a matter of less than an inch.

I was thinking I have a few options. One is taking the tube assembly off, but I cant get to the lower bolt. I could just cut the tube off and get a new one, but the damn tube is $115 so i rather not. Another option is taking the heater hose i have already put on the tube and starting from the engine side, but I cant pull the hose off the tube now, so Ill have to cut it off, but if I go that route ill have to get a new one. However, before i go off and do anything else Id like to see if any of you have any suggestions, including if anyone knows somebody around the tulsa area that can finish the job. Id be willing to pay at this point. Thanks

Break tab off of lower bolt by wiggling tube around. Or bend back so you can slide the hose onto the engineer e side. Or just remove and bypass.

Break tab off of lower bolt by wiggling tube around. Or bend back so you can slide the hose onto the engineer e side. Or just remove and bypass.
Thanks so much... I had thought about wiggling to break off the tab, but i was worried I would just break the pipe that way. I was able to just break off the tab and then it went right in. Thanks again, i had put way too much effort into that already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom