Patrol: a FJ40 knock-off by Nissan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yup. The property was adjacent to the big park with all the horses. I don't remember the name, but everyone in Aiken knows that park.

I don't remember too many details, living in the CSRA was a low point in my life that I am trying to forget. :D

do i turn left at the black and white cow??

i would buy one. They seem cheap enough to bang around in the woods with and not care if it rusts the fxxx out...

You gonna take it over to Greenwich or the Norwalk power lines? :flipoff2:

I wanted one for awhile when I was into vintage Datsuns. Getting parts would have been an adventure. So I bought an FJ55 instead...

:rolleyes:

I had a layover in Bogata Columbia last year, you cannot help but notice that they are all over the place. I intially thought it was a fj40 because of the hood and white top from far away. I've heard good things about them but I'd never seen one person until last year.

Dont knock Patrols. They are cool. Especially the modern ones.:grinpimp:

fwiw
same guy had a 40 series for sale a while back...think it went fairly quick

I remember when my friend bought a Patrol back in 1980. I was seriously jealous. It was in great condition. One of the things I remember about the Patrol is that it had a crank start in case the battery was dead. Very cool. The friend ended up rolling the thing on dry pavement less than a year after he bought it.

There are a bunch of newer Patrols (same body as in Rosco's pic, dunno the model number though) used around Manas AB in Kyrgyzstan. Very good, stout rigs. I'd love to have one in addition to my 62. Oh yeah, and they've got diesels...

there are lots of the new ones being imported up here (RHD)

personally I like these years better

I love the older styling...like these:

Nissan Patrol (Jeep Copy)

4W60 - 1951

The first of the classic Nissan Patrol series. These were an extremely rugged off road vehicle bearing quite a resembelance to the American Jeep as used by the US military. The engines were the six cylinder Nissan NA series with a capacity of some 3.7 litres (gasoline) and an output of 85hp.

Nissan 4x4 Carrier (M-37 Copy)

4W73 - 1952

Nissan's Carrier was their first large purpose built 4x4 truck designed, it would appear with military use in mind. The Carrier had a 3956cc six cylinder gasoline engine with 125hp available, which might sound linke a respectable output until you consider the Carrier weighed 2.7 tonnes. the transmittion had four forward speeds with a 6.14:1 final drive. The bed featured fold down seating for carrying passegers (troops?) and a removable canvas cover.