Passenger side mirror moves up and down but not side to side... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LS1FJ40

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone have any idea why? Moves up and down no problem. I can push it manually and it moves and stays in place but it won't move electrically.

Three wires should connect in the back. How do they look, are the properly connected?

I haven't checked. Have never pulled the mirror apart. I've never had the shaky mirror issue that many have so I didn't want to mess with the mirror if I didn't have to. I'll pull it off tomorrow and look at it. Didn't know if anyone else had had a similar issue and maybe it was in the door panel.

Problem could be anywhere in the system but I would start with the stuff you can visually inspect. Take out the screw in the bottom of the mirror and loosely tilt the mirror up and away from the housing so you don't break the mounting ears and get the shaky mirror problem you mentioned. From memory you should have a black, red, and brown wire. I can't remember the order but it should mirror the drivers side. And you should be able to trouble shoot by running the mirror on the drivers side albeit not having the mirror actually in the housing but visually checking to see if the motors work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom