Part Time 4WD conversion (1991) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dan, I have the answer. Remove your front driveshaft and carry it around in the back of the Cruiser. Then, when you want 4wd, get out and bolt it back up. It only takes slightly longer then manual hubs. :D :flipoff2:

Gosh. If you want a part time 4wd with the 3FE you should just go with the 60 series. ::)

60, 62...

Both a part of the fugly 60 series. :eek:

Gumby,

I've got the intake (K&N) taken care of. My concern on the exhaust side is you might get 10 to 15 more HP for what $1,000.

I though there wasn't a turbo available for the 3FE.

Thanks for the boating tip...

[quote author=GhostCruiser link=board=2;threadid=4770;start=msg36627#msg36627 date=1062305488]
Gumby,

I've got the intake (K&N) taken care of. My concern on the exhaust side is you might get 10 to 15 more HP for what $1,000.

I though there wasn't a turbo available for the 3FE.

Thanks for the boating tip...

[/quote]

Exhaust would be expensive for what you get, but less expensive than a part time conversion and you can't really do more for an engine if it can't breathe first. I'm surprised at the cost, but I guess that's about right for a header/catco/borla set-up.

turbos are available for anything with enough fabrication dollars to spend, but you're right. I don't think anybody builds a bolt on.

Just kidding about the boat anchor. I've never met a toyota motor i didn't like. Put a v-8 in there and then you can blow us 1FZE-elitists off the road. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom