Part number for 80 series Aisin Hubs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So these will work only on 1991-1993...? Sorry, im somewhat new to the game. I have a 1994 so these will not work (plug & Play per say)

Thanks for the help Beno.

They will work on any 80 series rig with the 238.5mm birf lengths.

These are in production rigs from 1991-4/1994. If your truck was built in 4/1994, you can measure the length of the drive flange to figure out how long your birf is.

4/1994 and later production rigs have 246.5mm length birfs which need to be machined to accept the Aisin hubs.

ive been collecting lockouts to try and will post my findings very soon. i have mini, ifs, 40, and 60 hubs to try. if its just a matter of cutting a new groove on the birfs to run the mini hubs, we have a huge logan lathe from the gun store(going out of business) next door, and im itching to play around with it. they gave it to us and i have no idea how to run it. quick learner though.

Minitruck IFS hubs have fewer spline count. They will work if you just drop a set of these in them.

i was thinking i could use a minitruck hub gear inside the IFS hub....correct me if i am wrong. i am hoping to have time this weekend to try it out.

They will work on any 80 series rig with the 238.5mm birf lengths.

These are in production rigs from 1991-4/1994. If your truck was built in 4/1994, you can measure the length of the drive flange to figure out how long your birf is.

4/1994 and later production rigs have 246.5mm length birfs which need to be machined to accept the Aisin hubs.

I see, Thank you beno. I'll have to check this out. I have a bud who has a set form the Venezulan market. I'm going to check the part number see if it's the same.

straight axel minitruck works on all but 94 up have to cut new groove in axle end to hold c clip I just used a cut off saw ... no strenght issue just keeps axel from sliding in.

i was thinking i could use a minitruck hub gear inside the IFS hub....correct me if i am wrong. i am hoping to have time this weekend to try it out.

Yes you can, I haven't tried it myself but i compared all the parts & the spline count is the only difference. The Longfield one I posted up is the same, just stronger than a stock Aisen minitruck selectable hub. I'm running minitruck hubs on my 91 just in case I break a birf or shaft. Unfortunately a few years back I broke a birf stub at the splines and it took out the "selectable" part of my hub.:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom