Parking brake to dash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has this been done? I read some threads about people wanting to move the hand brake to the dash but can't find a thread of it actually being done?

@thelal did it, I believe. I think he used parts from a 4Runner, but can't remember.

Last edited:
Thanks. I will pm him. I'll do a writeup with parts if it's not done.

Here's some pics. This was predicated by needing a lockable larger secure console to hold electronics, cameras etc. before we left on our year long 30K mile trip. Wanted it for a long time and well worth it (IMHO). The console should be written up somewhere else (do a search for articles I've added to with 'console') and has 2* 110V inverters with 6 110v outlets and 6 * 12v with 4 of them USB outlets on the rear, with large hinge and padded on top to allow nice arm rest. Did add more 12v and USB on front

The handbrake came off a 4Runner I believe and looks the same as what was in my 1990 4Runner. Hole had to be drilled and cabling to attach to existing cable runs. Existing 'hole' for cable was welded up. Had to get wiring 'improved' in Bolivia as pulling handbrake took too much oomp. Water seal held well during river crossing.

Very nice, like my tacoma... but I never use my parking brake so I just removed it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom