Paint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,
I was just wondering opinions on what color to paint my criuser, but heres the catch. The quarter panels and fenders are so dented and dinged that a glossy shiney paint would show all of them. I was considering a flat color like Black or gray. I would appreciate any Ideas. Zach

P.S. I like what you have done Woody, how did you do that and what did you do.

Check in the Chit Chat section under favorite cruiser colors. Personally I like dark green and black, and I plan on using a spray on bed liner to cover the whole thing. This should look pretty cool, and take out most of those dings. The only reason I can aford this though is that a friend of mine owns a spray shop and he is going to give me a deal. For a good camo job I think that what you need is tape and time.

I have read the chit chat section thing but it did not answer what I want. Will you still be able to tell their was dings like the glossy color or would flat colors not show them too much. And how do you do the camo paint, I like it.

As a rule, flat paints hide imperfections much better than shiny paints do when painting anything, walls or cars.  I would also say that light colors are better at hiding problems than dark colors, on the whole.

Mine was actually in semi-gloss, but it doesn't hold it long. 4 colors of Rustoleum spray - medium blue and light blue for the bottom coat, then the top patterns overlapped with black and machine grey. (actually, the colors match my wife's offroad pants - it's where she got the idea from...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom