Paging Landtank or RKIs re front seat gear repair with travel extension mod.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rick or others with the seat extension mod, I am trying to repair DS electronic seat control fore and aft with new Gamiviti gears. With the seat extension mod in place there is no easy way to get the worm screws out that I can see without total seat disassembly. It's basically adjust for max flexibility on the worm gears, get the new gears in and then use the flexible cable between plastic housings to bend in the drive shaft between the two and secure.

I got the motor side going fine, but I've cracked one outboard plastic gear and it appears that I have managed to make toast of another one today. I get everything buttoned up. Install, the outboard gear gives it a couple of shots, it tries to go and then nothing. Yes I have the worm gears aligned.

What is the trick to disassembly on the seat rail extensions so I don't break my last new gear? I lost the instructions for the extension install. Going to " search " for them now on the forum. TX

I have done seat gears on a driver's side with the seat extension kit a long time ago. I remember it was a bit fiddly to work around the extensions. But somehow I did it without doing a complete seat tear down. Wish I could remember more details. John

It's more than a bit fiddly. My hands feel like they've been hammered this morning. Thank you though. You basically confirmed my suspicion.

This repair will have to take place with worm gear rods in place. I'm not undoing the extension install for this. One side down and working, back to the outboard side today. Something to think about if you are planning the extension mod for your seat(s).

I will beat it. Any job worth doing is worth doing at least three times and this will be the third go at it. Have a good day all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom