P0300 Camshaft Position Sensor Testing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok Mudders I need some help with P0300 no other codes. I recently had the truck stall and die. Dealership tested compression in cylinder #2 and it was spot on and collected a p1300 code. Dealer installed new ignitor and ignition coil. Problem solved! I drove for approxmatley 200 miles no problem and then got a p0300. THe miss is very light but it is slightly noticeable at idle, and not so noticiable at driving speeds (1800-2800) rpm. The plugs and wires are all new (<1200 miles). I ohm tested the crankshaft position sensor and it tested perfect within spec. I decided to test the camshaft position sensor on the distributor. All the coil pick up signals tested perfect within spec (as they should since its all new). When I tested the camshaft position sensor circuit per the FSM (the G1 to G2 (teminals 2-3) signal) it tested well out of spec. I am leaning towards a distributor replacement (it is the original and I have very light oil in the bottom of it cap and rotor replaced by P.O and have 20k miles and very clean) but want to confirm the G1-G2 test (terminal 2 - 3) I conducted is accurate. Thanks in advance!

ok scratch this. I tested another mudders camshaft sensor and it tested exact same as mine. So I can rule out that sensor as problem. it is all within spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom