Overland Expo East 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LOL, you need to camp with Izzy. He could put 37 refugees in the guest tent alone :)
He always has cream for morning coffee too!
Heather has decided to adopt Izzy on future camping trips and cook for him. Which is odd as I do most of the camp cooking, hmm.

There will be Izzy kabobs in your future Izzy

It is looking like my family and I might be going to this event.

This is right down the road from us, we were planning on camping in Pisgah that weekend with some friends. So it is $180 for a weekend family with Camping pass?

This is right down the road from us, we were planning on camping in Pisgah that weekend with some friends. So it is $180 for a weekend family with Camping pass?
I'll let someone else report the actual specifics, but I believe you also have to buy the Biltmore tickets to access the property. If you're local then it's a good idea to get an annual pass - you can go back for Xmas and spring bloom.

I'm thinking of making the trip but I'm not excited about the costs. Looks like volunteers get free camping and maybe free entry/class audit. That may be the route I decide to take.

I'm thinking of making the trip but I'm not excited about the costs. Looks like volunteers get free camping and maybe free entry/class audit. That may be the route I decide to take.

I couldn't find any info on volunteering

Thanks!

Overland Expo 2016 EAST– October 7-9, 2016 – Asheville, North Carolina, USA

NOTE: AS OF SEPTEMBER 16, WE HAVE FILLED OUR VOLUNTEER STAFFING. HOWEVER, WE ARE TAKING APPLICATIONS BUT ONLY ON A PROVISIONAL BASIS. WE WILL BE IN TOUCH WITH DETAILS.

I had asked a while ago, they where pretty accommodating groups like the land rover club. But when asked, "how many people from ONSC are going and camping?, when will they get there?", the answers is "we don't know". So they cant commit if we can't commit. So I left it alone. Land Rover club has a huge showing, and get a big spot.

My plan is to drive up that way Wednesday morning (dark), drive up trails like Gorges, others, camp overnight. Then head to Biltmore Thursday, checkin in the morning, go off load and pick camping spot, roll out the persian rugs and tent. Then head out again, maybe Hurricane Creek, other areas, come back Thursday evening to camp after getting some gourmet Chick Fill A or Zaxbys chicken.

Subject to change, and for now not making any other big plans.

I'm going and so is @cboyd. We'll try to find an camp by you if possible.

Tim

Depending on weather, I was planning on bringing the larger tent, Big Agnes Flying Diamond 8, big orange one with room for 8 people or one izzy. May also bring the canopy, and erect that one next or near my tent, could be a spot to hangout for any of you guys too. I have signed up for a bunch of classes already. The Camel Trophy guys will get to know me on a first name basis, and that name will be "that crying whining little bitch":crybaby:

Last edited:
Izzy, time depending I might be able to do Hurricane Creek that Thursday. I normally get out of work around noon-ish on Thursdays...I will know that week.

Izzy,
It's Kurt, I just signed up for the 3 day weekend adventure with camping. I didn't do the Overland experience but its seems there is plenty of things to do with the weekend pass. I plan to driving out on Thurs and returning Sat evening. My email is kcarlsen61@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom