Orion HD VSS Terminal part NO? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.thelandcruiser.com
What I am after is the plug for this terminal, coming off the VSS(Vehicle Speed Sensor).
I think it is one found on a wrangler.

terminal1.jpg

terminal2.jpg

Part number would be cool....but an extra one laying around somewhere would rule.

Thanks.
SY.

I am looking for the same part.

I spoke to AA they said the plug coming off the Orion HD is a 3-Phase Dodge Sender. P/N 05033202AB.

I run Autometer guages. They have never heard of that part number nor a 3-Phase Dodge Sender.

I hard wirded mine witout plug. Wiring as follows:

Orange 5 volt coming from Speedo.
White Power 12 Volt
Black/Brown Ground.

GL,

Lee

I am looking for the same part.

I spoke to AA they said the plug coming off the Orion HD is a 3-Phase Dodge Sender. P/N 05033202AB.

I run Autometer guages. They have never heard of that part number nor a 3-Phase Dodge Sender.

I hard wirded mine witout plug. Wiring as follows:

Orange 5 volt coming from Speedo.
White Power 12 Volt
Black/Brown Ground.

GL,

Lee

ha, thanks!! you hit my next two moves.
1. call AA.
2. Figure out wires.

Been discussed before:
Search under the hardcore section:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/hardcore-corner/173125-orion-hd-3-paging-peescoffee.html
of course it is my truck so I knew about it.
post number 26.

Hey G,
You'll need Mopar art Number 5014007-AA.
Advanced Adapters uses A Speed Sensor from Jeep TJ Rubicons'
Let me know if you need the wiring Diagram
Neil

thanks, anyone have any of these laying around from a stripped jeep?

Last edited:
Uh, what?

:confused:

So I still need a clue on this thing. Been Driving around with out a speedo, not that I have ever had one that was of much use for the past 6 years.

Wires from VSS off the back of the Orion HD - Black/Orange/Tan.

Jim From AA responds to an email of mine.

Black = Ground
Orange = 5 Volt Supply
Tan = VSS Signal Lead

Going off this alone, I would think I would take a 12v power supply, put in a voltage reducer(reducing the volts to 5), and run the tan line to the Sig terminal on the back of my speedo.
Like this:
speedo3.jpg

My uncertainty comes from when I look at the instructions that came with my speedo. They seem to have the unit for a cable drive(orginal fj40 speedo cable) & a sender. I see the OR there so maybe I should stop reading instructions, but I would like to hear from any who have done this with a VSS. It seems like Lee may of had a different VSS unit on his and his autometer has a termainal with 5 volts, I don't have a white wire, & I don't have 5volts coming out of my speedo.

speedo1.jpg

speedo2.jpg

Any good info would be appreciated.

square wave or sine wave signal?

https://forum.ih8mud.com/hardcore-corner/227782-gm-vortec-engine-orion-t-case-vss-setup-downey.html

This link may help

I'm not sure if we are still on the original question. But it looks like the speedo will work with one of two types of signal

a square wave or sine wave
if your VSS output is the square wave you need to reduce to the 5 volts if not you dont

Sorry but I just know the principles for the signals not how many different ways it can be done

Maybe the link will help with that or Orion should be able to tell you which signal is used by their VSS.

You dont have to use that connector you could buy a new one with both male and female sides at the auto parts store--it can be different but as long as you wire it up okay then you'll be good.

For that matter you could splice it in, how often do you pull a VSS?

Good Luck with it
signal.gif
02008.JPG

I'm not sure if we are still on the original question. But it looks like the speedo will work with one of two types of signal

a square wave or sine wave
if your VSS output is the square wave you need to reduce to the 5 volts if not you dont

For that matter you could splice it in, how often do you pull a VSS?

Good Luck with it

No, I'm way off the original question, but just adding to my VSS journey thread. Yes, my speedo with work with two types of signals, and from what they told me at AA, I need to reduce my voltage to 5volts, and I thought the usage of an old cell phone charger was creative, and might possible help someone who dose a search on VSS in the future.

I have wired in a different connector that I had laying around, and ditched the original one.

Thanks for the reply and the image of the waves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom