ONSC Chat (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
Update as of 11 pm Monday. Tracking forecasts considerably farther west now. 5 days is still a long ways to forecast but fresh gas for the generator can't be a bad idea.

image.jpg

Update: 8:00 AM Tuesday. No significant change in track:

Matthew-1.gif

The folks in the Keys all have their fans pointing East

I really do not miss Hurricane Season

11 AM Tuesday Update: Westward shift continues.

Matthew-2.gif

My family in Miami is extending the storm shutters....and throwing the loose patio furniture into the pool. Again.

bb16f5985f5c9d52d12d44a18669d3a1.jpg

Last edited:
Guess I might have to make a run down to the beach house and make sure it does not fly away this weekend. I am overdue, its been awhile since I have ridden out a hurricane. Will have to make sure to buy plenty of beer on my way down there.

The cone keeps creepin westward. Got friends and fam in FL, and the same over on the coast here. Hoping I dont get the "disaster recovery " phone calls and emails.

The 80+ degree water temps off the coast, and cooler air aloft is going to make for quite a volatile environment during the latter half of this week.

Filling up the tanks and cans early would be wise, given how much stupidity ensued after the Colonial Pipeline issue a couple weeks ago.

I am a volunteer with SAR out here and our leaders have already been put on alert to go out east and help out this weekend with incident management.

Guess I might have to make a run down to the beach house and make sure it does not fly away this weekend. I am overdue, its been awhile since I have ridden out a hurricane. Will have to make sure to buy plenty of beer on my way down there.

This one might be one to skip the hurricane party at. Specially if it slows down and dumps a buttload of water.

Been thru too many of them in Fl to want to party my way through.

Be safe

Bass Pro Shops is buying Cabela's for $5.5b.
I just heard about this. I wonder if Bass Pro will keep the Cabela's stores the way they are, or turn them into Bass Pro Shops. I kinda wish Cabela's would stay as is, the branding is one of my favorite things about the place.

Oh boy! The big company buyouts continue today. Bass Pro buys Cabela's and now Continental Tire buys Hoosier Racing Tire.

Linky link

They said BPS wouldnt do anything with the Cabelas stores at this time

I am a volunteer with SAR out here and our leaders have already been put on alert to go out east and help out this weekend with incident management.
My F-I-L is currently in Louisiana with Samaritans purse helping rebuild. Got notice last night that they will be pulling out Tuesday and heading to eastern NC.

Let's hope Cabela's doesn't fall in the same footsteps as other great manufacturers when bought out, quality/workmanship declines. I have seen it with Sorrel boots, Mountain Hardwear, and many other companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom