ONSC Chat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is the greatest thing I have ever seen. I want a Dodge van now.

The chances are one in a million.

fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpg

If you can figure out the systems integration and engine management in the transplant vehicle.

Pull out the big boy billfold.

Man I want a big boy billfold so bad!

If you can figure out the systems integration and engine management in the transplant vehicle.

Pull out the big boy billfold.

Yep like all new engines.... although it still may be easier than a 2uz swap ;)

Hey Everyone,
I just joined ONSC last week so I wanted to say hello. I bought a '96 last year and have been working on it ever since... which was the intention. Until this LC I had only owned Hondas and never had to work on a car in my life. After lots of time on MUD I convinced myself that I can and will learn to fix as much as possible on this truck. Its been lots of fun and as most have you have stated, it gets quite addictive and expensive! The expense part keeps me motivated to do it myself though so that o.k. and I went into this thing knowing that. In the past year I have..
1. A/C components from the Expansion Valve back, replaced with OEM DENSO parts
2. Front brakes and rotors replaced drilled and slotted power stops
3. Alternator OEM from a scrap yard
4. New battery
5. New hoses and vac lines
6. Head light bulbs
7. Cup holder out of a LR Disco from the scrap yard
8. CDL mod with a switch from the scrap yard
9. Both knock sensors from the scrap yard

Lots of things done elsewhere that at the time I was scared to do..

1. Rear drive shaft @ Toyota techs
2. Radiator
3. Power steering pump

So.. here I am. Still lots to do and some things I'm still not brave enough to tackle at this point. I have an EGR code that I have been chasing for the entire time I've owned it. Still paying just enough to get the waiver to pass inspection but I'm to the point where I would love to delete it if I had the guidance. Also need to do my exhaust soon and would love recommendations on that. I'm glad ONSC has this section on MUD so I can hear from local people who have local resources... I live in Huntersville so if there is a reputable/knowledgeable shop in N. Charlotte I would love to know about them. Its hard to drive all the way down to Toyota Techs to drop the truck off but it comforting when you pull into a lot full of LC's that your truck will be treated correctly! Sorry for the long post, just wanted to get it all out there. I look forward to meeting everyone and getting this truck out on some trips with you all soon!

welcome to the affliction Zach...

as for that Jeep thing.... I dig the shower curtain for a windshield...lol

Welcome Zach!

There are a lot of knowledgeable people in this club that are willing to help. I just tackled the dreaded p0401 code you are probably fighting. Normally it is the EGR VSV, which is under the manifold. Grab a FSM if you dont have one already, it will teach you a BUNCH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom