For Sale One owner 1991 FJ80 in NJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1991 FJ80 for sale $8000

****************************************************************************************
New price of $6K as of 11/24/15.
****************************************************************************************

Up for sale is my 1991 FJ80 Land Cruiser. This is a one owner vehicle. I am the original owner and bought it brand new from a Toyota dealer in July of 1991. The odometer reads 261,581 miles at the time of this writing. It is being sold whole. Exterior is white, interior is grey cloth. This is my daily driver. I drop my daughter off at school (when she lets me drive it) and commute regularly into Manhattan with it.

Maintenance history:
This vehicle has been ridiculously well maintained its entire life. It has seen nothing but Amsoil synthetic fluids with the exception of coolant which has always been Toyota red. There have been regular fluid changes including 2 year drain/refill intervals of transmission fluid, coolant, brake fluid, etc.
4.88 gears were installed in 2010 and all front and rear driveline related bearings/seals/etc were replaced with new OEM parts. New OEM birfields at that time as well.

List of included items:
5 (five) 285/75R-16 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs purchased 7/7/13 mounted on 5 (five) early FZJ80 rims that have been media blasted/painted black
5 (five) original OEM Toyota 15x7 rims
ARB Air Lockers F/R with OEM locker switch
4.88 Nitro gears
2" OME lift

IPOR Rear bumper w/tire carrier/HiLift
ARB winch bumper w/custom recovery points
Pioneer Stereo system with BT handsfree/USB/Ipod control
Cobra 75 WX ST CB radio with 4’ Firestik antenna
Hella 550 fog lamps with OEM fog lamp switch
Custom sliders welded to frame
Custom sidebars from ARB bumper to sliders for side protection
Custom 3/16” plated front diff housing
Custom HD rear trailing arms
Custom HD rear driveshaft with OEM universals
Custom catalytic converter skid plate
IPOR belly plate
BudBuilt HD tie rod and relay rod w/OEM ends
WagonGear tailgate lid
Pintle hitch and pintle safety chain plate with flat 4 trailer harness
Interior and exterior LED lamps
Under hood LED lamps
Tailgate mounted LED lamps
BlueSea dual USB charge receptacles in both rear doors, front passenger door, rear cargo area
12 VDC receptacle in rear cargo area
Multiple boxes of spare parts including both front doors that are cosmetically in good shape

New OEM Toyota parts within the last 4 years:
Radiator
Water pump
Fan clutch
All belts
Thermostat

Starter
All soft lines under the hood (yes ALL of them vacuum; coolant; fuel)
Power steering lines
All suspension bushings (except new Slee 3 degree caster bushes)
All body mounts and hardware
EGR valve/EGR modulator
Cold start injector
Cold start injector time switch
Steering knuckles rebuilt
Rear wheel bearing/seals replaced with new
New OEM Toyota windshield and gasket

Exhaust system rebuilt from manifold back using SS downpipes and new catalytic converters from discountconverter.com this past fall including new OEM O2 sensors and all OEM hardware. New OEM Y-pipe. Borla SS exhaust from Y-pipe back. Custom tail pipe over the frame exit.

In its current condition, this truck has made 2 round trips (2011 and 2012) from New Jersey to Moab, UT pulling the Swampers in my M416 trailer (trailer not included in sale). I spent a week out in Utah wheeling Moab and drove home. She will sit at 70 mph on the highway for hours at a time with 2 fingers on the steering wheel. Everything works as it should. Heat blows hot/AC blows cold.

The bad stuff:
This truck has lived its entire life in New Jersey and as a result it has rust issues. The body is rough with holes in both rear quarter panels and front of the rear wheel wells. Dented doors and missing fender flares in rear.

I am removing the Warn M12K winch. It will not go with the truck.

The rear differential should be rebuilt as it is making noise at highway speeds and I have all the parts for that which are included. I don’t worry about the noise as it made 2 4600 mile round trips in its current state.

The exhaust has a louder than stock drone and the speedometer cable squeaks when it gets below 15F. The speedometer needle sticks.

Driver’s seat is worn.

Contact information:
jon[at]sdsysdesign[dot]com

Due to the weather in NJ it is impossible for me to wash the truck without it freezing solid and it is filthy from the last snowfall. I will post whatever pictures I have.

Last edited:
Sidebar protection

These make it real easy to merge into traffic at the Lincoln Tunnel.

DSARBMount.jpg

DSSliderMount.jpg

DSDone.jpg

Hey Jon, you getting out of the game or just changing pieces? You better stick around...we need your 3FE expertise!

Hey Jon, you getting out of the game or just changing pieces? You better stick around...we need your 3FE expertise!

I've owned this truck for 22 years. It took both my kids home from the hospital and they both learned how to drive on it. It's as much a part of my family as it could be. My daughter cried when I told her I was going to sell it, but she can't afford to put gas in it and the driveway is about to get pretty crowded in the next week or so.

I'm not going anywhere and I'll always be available to help. My main concern is that it goes to someone who will take care of it. She's an old girl, but starts every morning and runs like a top.

Bumping this for a hellova rig. I watched this rig out in Moab and it ate everything that Jon threw at it.

Bump for the white rhino. I've watched thing conquer everything my 85 4Runner with 185:1 crawl ratio crawls. This is an incredibly capable rig and great for the family with many featuers tailored to the family like charging ports in each door.
I've seen this rig wheel for the past 14 years without ever having a problem or mechanical issue except for blowing an ARB compressor which was trail fixed, since then I believe the compressor was replaced.
If I didn't already have another project in the works I'd pick this up, knowing it's maintenance record the mileage doesn't concern me at all.

I drove into Manhattan this morning and was doing 70 on the NJTP and was wondering what the hell I'm thinking. She was sucking gas and hauling ass, heat cranking, music pumping.

The White Rhino kicks ass! I've seen that thing conquer some incredible challenges. It's a nice solid setup. What do you plan to wheel in Moab 2015?

So does that mean you're keeping her?

No, I won't have room in my driveway, assuming the deal on the "new" truck goes as planned. I'm just getting emotional, but I'm going to have to let her go.

The White Rhino kicks ass! I've seen that thing conquer some incredible challenges. It's a nice solid setup. What do you plan to wheel in Moab 2015?

I might not be dragging it through Pritchett Canyon. It needs to be properly set up and I'm going to have to get used to it. It all depends on cash flow. We'll see how it works out.
It'll need lift/tires/wheels/gears/sliders/belly pan just to get her going. Might not be able to afford all that in a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom