OME Lifts discussion for the FAQ (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the B installed on the DS (In my RHD), and the truck is perfectly level without me sitting in it. Is that expected?

My other theory is that the springs tend to sag over time. Maybe in this case if you swap sides it would even out the stance again.

does OME sells the N73/N74 shocks nowadays? i just installed an 850/860 together with 60018/60020 sport shocks. the front is quite stable with bar and winch. however, the rear is a bit harsh with no load. i can feel the gaps on the concrete road everytime i drive slowly.

i removed the 60020 shocks to test it. it took me almost a minute to fully compress the shocks just by pushing it against the ground. it seems that compression is very hard. on the previous shock that it replaced, RS9000xl compression was soft. does the N74 shocks has soft compression? i just wanted a comfort ride as my rig is a DD-mall cruiser.

I strongly believe "something was lost in translation" here. If A is for Australian DS, it should not stay on the same side when it crosses the pond.

A should follow the DS no matter where you are. I really believe this is the case. There are a lot of threads on many forums discussing the same thing over and over, because people make the same mistake in taking one "bad" info as the rule and then they are not happy with the results.

I've check the label on my springs (out of shear OCD) a few times for the past year... maybe hoping it would be reversed by magic one day. Yeah, I still got the B spring on the DS (US) and I'm not happy.
Did you ever get to change yours around? I put the taller "b" on my driver side and it's leaning bad, like 1" lower than the passenger side. I'll definitely be swapping mine. Running the 2850/2860 combo fwiw

I did actually.
With the springs seated properly in their place the height difference is much lower. I think it's a bout 1/2", with the DS still sitting lower.

DS f 21.5" ..... PS f 22"
DS r 20.75" .... PS r 21 1/8"

I did actually.
With the springs seated properly in their place the height difference is much lower. I think it's a bout 1/2", with the DS still sitting lower.

DS f 21.5" ..... PS f 22"
DS r 20.75" .... PS r 21 1/8"
Not bad. I'm hoping with that and putting in the passenger side battery and York 210, it'll even out a little.

But don't forget, I got 30mm front spacers.

My DS is lower. Not sure is the weight distribution has something to do with it (the battery and spare tire are on the same side).

For a more even stance, I figured adding the Metaltech 1.5" spacers in the front, 30mm DS rear spacer and 20mm PS rear should yield me this setting (at least on paper):

DS f 21.82..... PS f 22.32
DS r 21.93..... PS r 21.91

front PS will sit higher no matter what, but only by 1/2"

This is why I bought a RHD HDJ81! Just so I'd know which side to put the damn A springs! ;)

In my case I measured all the springs and put the taller ones on the driver side. Here's a photo of the 850, one measures 510mm while the other is only 500mm.

20161026_184618.jpg

In my case I measured all the springs and put the taller ones on the driver side. Here's a photo of the 850, one measures 510mm while the other is only 500mm.

View attachment 1342251
That's exactly what I did and mines an inch off lol. Glad you mentioned fuel because mines almost empty! So by the time I fuel up and get into the driver seat, it'll probably tip over! Mine is pretty stripped down right now, but I'm working on it. No armor, no winch, no second battery, and no spare tire. So all of those things will change my issues, hopefully for the better.

That's exactly what I did and mines an inch off lol. Glad you mentioned fuel because mines almost empty! So by the time I fuel up and get into the driver seat, it'll probably tip over! Mine is pretty stripped down right now, but I'm working on it. No armor, no winch, no second battery, and no spare tire. So all of those things will change my issues, hopefully for the better.

uneven spring height can be easily fixed using 2 different sized coil spacers. a friend of mine using an 851 spring fitted 1.5" spacer on the passenger side while around 2.5" on the driver side to get an even stance to the rear. it was a garage made spacer that looks like pipe (with diameter size of the spring) with 2 flanges welded on both sides. a cheaper version of using a thick metal plate :)

uneven spring height can be easily fixed using 2 different sized coil spacers. a friend of mine using an 851 spring fitted 1.5" spacer on the passenger side while around 2.5" on the driver side to get an even stance to the rear. it was a garage made spacer that looks like pipe (with diameter size of the spring) with 2 flanges welded on both sides. a cheaper version of using a thick metal plate :)
That's probably what I'll do. I need to get my winch and all the other extra weight accessories installed and see where it sits and adjust accordingly.

I recived an e-mail asking to add the following to the FAQ, this seemed the best place to do it. I have always just used the rule that the longer spring goes to the side of the axle with the longest difference between the diff and the hub

I have been researching lean on my 80 series and have discovered that my springs on the front end were not correctly installed. After speaking with ARB Usa I received an explanation that I think would be worthy to include in the FAQ about suspension. Most of the thread searching I found and instructions on Slee's site refer to PS and DS springs. Mine were marked A and B. Basically this rule of thumb should be followed for spring placement and I think it could help others down the road.

Email text from the ARB Technician I spoke with....

"The way we recommend to install the coils on the 80 is with the B spring (B is taller than A for this truck) front driver and rear passenger. We recommend it this way due to the additional weight on the front driver corner. However, as long as you stagger the A and B coils the vehicle should sit level unless you have added more weight to one side than the other in aftermarket accessories"
Is this for for a USA model?
The ARB tech I talked to yesterday told me that the "A" springs are the taller springs and always go on the driver side... Who's right?

Put the taller one on the heavier side... via spare tire, gas tank, battery, driver etc. Then shim as needed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom