OME install-rear spring plate gap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the middle of installing a OME lift and and having trouble with the rear spring plate sitting flush to the springs. The spring plate bottoms out on the center pin nut just before it will sits flush. I did a search and didn't come up with anything.

If it hasn't come up before I must be doing something wrong. What's the spacer for on the bottom of the center pin between the nut and the spring pack?

IMG_3431.JPG
IMG_3433.JPG
IMG_3430.jpg

Somebody has to know something about this. Let the knowledge flow.

Are you just loosely setting the plate on an upside down spring and concerned about the gap? Or have you installed the spring and tightened down the u-bolts and still have a gap? The spring will flatten a touch with weight on it. Let's see some pics of it installed.

I'm not exactly sure what you're showing, but should I understand correctly, the spring will pull down to the plate once you tighten the U-bolts. Also, there's a bushing that goes around the center pin to align the plate. Do you have those?

ticcbs01.jpg

Are you just loosely setting the plate on an upside down spring and concerned about the gap? Or have you installed the spring and tightened down the u-bolts and still have a gap? The spring will flatten a touch with weight on it. Let's see some pics of it installed.

He hasn't installed them, the plate is contacting the center pin/ nut. It shouldn't do this.

There are Center Bolt Spacers on the axle side of the spring to center the axle, but I've never seen this issue come up. Some good OME tech can be found on Cruiser Outfitters Website. OME Leaf Tech

EDIT, Spike added that last bit before me.

But from the photos that he is showing the spring plate will not sit flush because the nut is bottoming out on the smaller hole of the two on the spring plate.

Contact the seller of the springs and ask what you should do.

Are those the stock spring plates or the kind that protect your nuts ? :D

Yes I have the centering pin spacers. It is the other side as Kline explained. The nut bottoms out. I could drill out the hole so the nut passes through but it seems like this shouldn't be necessary.

When a correct spring is purchased, it just bolts up to the axle housing without any issues at all. There should not be anything you need to figure out. Something is awry with the springs/gear you purchased.

IIRC, I had the same issue when installing a complete OME set up on my fj62. I opened up the the spring plate hole with a step drill just enough to accommodate the nut and sit flush. I thought it odd because I didn't recall it ever being mentioned in any other install threads.

As stated above, also get the spacer washer to keep everything centered.

IIRC, I had the same issue when installing a complete OME set up on my fj62. I opened up the the spring plate hole with a step drill just enough to accommodate the nut and sit flush. I thought it odd because I didn't recall it ever being mentioned in any other install threads.

As stated above, also get the spacer washer to keep everything centered.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I know it's the correct spring. I'll probably just open the hole slightly and get on my way to finishing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom