OME 1.5 lift Test Drive (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have an OME 1.5 lift and 33s they would be willing to let me test drive? I'm trying to decide on a lift and would love to be able to see how it feels before dropping the $ on it.

303001 torsion bars
60000 Front Shocks
2865 Coils
60002 Rear Shocks

Matt, I think you'll find that the ride will be much rougher with that setup. With the torsion bars already cranked as I did them, you won't really gain additional height. The rear spacers available would get the stance right again in the rear. My opinion only and I know others will chime in. Obviously depending on weight you're going to add, that will change things.

he is right, i have this setup and it is indeed a rough ride. And like he said, you dont really gain much height. Good for towing though!

I have that lift on my 2006, but it has 34s on it. I gated towing my trailer this weekend, way too much sag.

You are more than welcome to test drive the setup. Let me know.

Matt, I think you'll find that the ride will be much rougher with that setup. With the torsion bars already cranked as I did them, you won't really gain additional height. The rear spacers available would get the stance right again in the rear. My opinion only and I know others will chime in. Obviously depending on weight you're going to add, that will change things.
I have that lift on my 2006, but it has 34s on it. I gated towing my trailer this weekend, way too much sag.

You are more than welcome to test drive the setup. Let me know.
will you be at the club meeting next month?

Not sure. We may be up in Flagstaff for Overland Expo.

I have this set up with with 866's. Rides like a "truck" We like it.

Not sure. We may be up in Flagstaff for Overland Expo.
We might be at the Expo as well. I'll PM you my cell phone and if we both end up in the same place it would be great to be able to get a feel for the ride with that lift.

After quite a bit of reading on here I think I'm going to stick with new OEM shocks and either a set of OME 865's in the rear or new stock springs and a spacer. Any pros and cons to help decide between the OME coils and the spacer would be appreciated.

Funny you should say that. I currently own a 2003 that has 30mm spacers in the back with OEM shocks in the back, and cranked torsion bars with OME shocks in the front AND a 2006 with a OME 1.5" medium lift.
Personally, I think the 2003 rides better, but they do not have the same tires, so that may be a factor. Disclaimer: the 2003 also has an Air Lift air bag setup in the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom