oHm reading of fuel sending unit.

Discussion in 'Dodge/Plymouth' started by D'Animal, Jan 5, 2008.

1. D'Animal

D'Animal Rescuer of Beagle and Landcruisers Moderator

Without removing the fuel sending unit. Is there a way I can figure out with the factory oHm range is of a fuel sending unit.

I need to hook up a fuel gauge to my 72 GMC Tow Rig that I put the Cummins in. I'm using the factory 1991 Dodge Diesel fuel tank and hoses and sending unit.

I know it will not wire in directly to the GM gauge since the oHm reading is way different so I have to buy a seperate gauge. I just can't figure out which oHm reading one to get. I found the one for the Dodge fuel style but it does not cover the diesel.

Anybody know where I should begin to look? The guy at Summit racing said all Dodge/Chrysler products are the same. I find that hard to believe.

I cannot switch out the sending unit. The Dodge Diesel one is about 7" in diameter and held on with a hose clamp. I really do not want to have a custom one machined just for a chevy sending unit.

2. AlaskanWheeler

AlaskanWheeler SILVER Star

I've got a Dodge diesel manual at home, but you'll have to wait till monday for me to find out what you need to know.

3. D'Animal

That would be great!

I have ordered the cummins 6BT service manual but it will not cover this.

4. AlaskanWheeler

AlaskanWheeler SILVER Star

PM Sent

5. D'Animal

6. TA5150

TA5150

Hey guys I know its been awhile, but I really need the info you guys were discussing. I need a new fuel guage for my 92 dodge diesel, and I can't find the ohm rating for the stock sender. Could you please let me know the full/empty ohm range? Thank you very much.

7. WristPin

WristPin

i bought a auto meter fuel gauge. it had a list of various resistance values for the big three.

the list is long gone, but if you cant figure it out, i would search autometer.com for it.

8. D'Animal

I'll check my PM box. The info was sent to me.