Official SD Cruisers Introduction Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very nice! We are doing a trail clean up at LCIR this Sunday. We are meeting at that Lake Henshaw resort restaurant for breakfast at 8:30 or at the reservation at 10AM if you are interested. PM me if you want my cell.

Frank

View attachment 1208498 What's up guys! I was in town last week for biz, ate some great food, nice places to drink & awesome city! Saw this on 5th Ave thurs night & had to take a snap. Nice ride.
That's my ride! Haha can't believe it. Was actually on here looking if anyone knows of a good mechanic in SD. I've had to change mechanics a few times due to bad work and unethical practices. It's a diesel. Any help would be awesome!

Hey Cappy, have you called SD Trux or The Truck Shop? Both are in Miramar and are all about Toyota's.

BTW, I think we met when you were parked in front of Reprohaus on 14th and L awhile ago? I remember you mentioned you imported your cruiser from Costa Rica.

Hey Cappy, have you called SD Trux or The Truck Shop? Both are in Miramar and are all about Toyota's.

BTW, I think we met when you were parked in front of Reprohaus on 14th and L awhile ago? I remember you mentioned you imported your cruiser from Costa Rica.

@mrbigboy - Great memory! Same person same truck. I called those places.years ago but recall some.issue with the diesel. I've lost my a$$ since blowing a piston and having the head cylinder rebuilt. It's.moved shops three times as people say they can do the work but pull out after tearing it apart. At this point I'll try anyone as long as they are good people.

Haha, small world! If I hear of anyone local that might be able to help I'll shoot you a message.

Anyway, now I will add my intro!:flipoff2:
San Diego native, born in the city and raised in north county (Fallbrook). Love the outdoors, hunting, fishing, and exploring, especially the desert. Always been a big Toyota 4x4 fan; owned a '92 pick up, '93 4Runner, '04 Tacoma, and now the 2000 LC. Had a short stint with a Cummins powered Ram, but the Ram just fell apart! Great motor, but everything else was junk.

My cruiser is currently the kid hauler and my wife's DD since I commute nearly 90 miles a day. Weekends are for fun, where it reports to duty as the adventure/camping mobile. Future plans for the hundy are installation of the @CruserDave "KISS" drawer system (on order!), installing air bags (been sitting in garage for months), and new suspension. Next will be sliders, skid plates, Gamiviti rack, and probably a winch bumper (Dissent or Slee). Thank you all on mud for supporting such a great forum!

Here's a pic from up on Deadman's Pass in Mammoth Lakes this past July
LC.JPG

new to the scene. traded my car for 92 fj80, trying to find time off work to take her out on some real dirt.
I still a newbee, so pictures will have to wait ......

Welcome!

So I guess this June gloom is real. I am wrapping up my first year living here.

Was in Seattle this weekend and their weather was what ours should be haha.

So I guess this June gloom is real. I am wrapping up my first year living here.

Was in Seattle this weekend and their weather was what ours should be haha.

I always tell tourists June is the worst time to visit. I honestly think december is the most beautiful here, clean, crisp, sunny but not too hot.

2017-04-30-13h10m25-ANIMATION.gif
Cool thread Noah! can't believe I just now found it.

above is a shot of me on my way to Cruise MOAB via Mojave rd.

I'm in north county and wheel with Beach'n'toys often.

Last edited:
Hey guys, new to the site and to this whole cruiser thing. I picked up an 83 FJ60 from my cousin about a week ago. Bone stock w/~143k miles. It's in good shape, but has issues as you'd expect from a 34 year old car. I'm getting it sorted as best I can (disclaimer: I don't know what I'm doing), largely with info I've picked up off the site. Looking forward to absorbing more knowledge from you guys, and providing what little input I can (e.g. beers).

Here's some pics:

side1.jpg

front.jpg

interior.jpg

View attachment 1486095 Cool thread Noah! can't believe I just now found it.

above is a shot of me on my way to Cruise MOAB via Mojave rd.

I'm in north county and wheel with Beach'n'toys often.

next time I do cruise moab I would like to go out via mojave road.....

Hey guys, new to the site and to this whole cruiser thing. I picked up an 83 FJ60 from my cousin about a week ago. Bone stock w/~143k miles. It's in good shape, but has issues as you'd expect from a 34 year old car. I'm getting it sorted as best I can (disclaimer: I don't know what I'm doing), largely with info I've picked up off the site. Looking forward to absorbing more knowledge from you guys, and providing what little input I can (e.g. beers).

Here's some pics:

View attachment 1488179

View attachment 1488180

View attachment 1488181
wow thats my fav color too. Very nice, welcome

Hey guys! Been a FJ60 owner for some years and posted on the 60's forum but never introduced myself to the local clubhouses. Is this one still active on meet ups and such or is the Beach Toys club more active? Anyhoot - look forward to meeting some of y'all in the future!

Any local input on doing a 5.7 LT swap would be appreciated. Would love to meet someone local who has gone through the ringer - beer is on me! (At least the first one...)

G'Day ... haven't been stateside long enough to sort out to many Cruisers but I do have an old FJ40 I picked up north of LA I have big plans for.

First thing on my To Do List is Rubicon Trail in 2019 so if anyone is up for a trip let me know, never been there but I have been reading about it for many man years so I figured it would be a good place to take a 40.

Not real big on Club Politics so this thread looked like a good place to start as I read up top somewhere Guppie said no F*&^Tards or something similar ..

Here is a picture of the Frog on the day i picked her up, I think she looks Rubicon Ready yeah :) she has fully sick 31 x 10.5's and a Chevy lol
IMG_4970.JPG

Hey there SD Cruiser folks! Somewhat new to the site, and new to this group. Don't want to spam the forum so, I've included a link to my intro post to ih8mud, not more than a few months ago. Looking forward to following the thread and joining some local SD events, as I'm in North County. Click here to check out my '98 100 with *NOW* 371,000 miles: 1998 Series 100 Lexus - over 350k Miles

To quote @sd60 "I don't know what I'm doing."

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom