Official SD Cruisers Introduction Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guppie - not sure your last comment for me but yes. Roof is solid. The whole body was in good shape actually. Just needed some minor work before getting repainted. Bumpers were in bad shape but I was able to find some really nice ones in Escondido from a fab shop that built new ones for a modded truck.

Hi everyone, I am new to the whole LC world and right now I am in the process of looking for an FZJ80. I looking for a cruiser because I want a rig that will accommodate my large family better than my JKUR. I posted a hello on the 80s Tech forum Hello

Like I said in the post I linked to, I have not actually had a chance to crawl around a cruiser yet and see if it would fit what I am looking for. I was wondering if any of you would be willing to help me out. The closer to Esco the easier it would be for me to break away and take a look.

Thanks guys!

Bryant

Hi everyone, I am new to the whole LC world and right now I am in the process of looking for an FZJ80. I looking for a cruiser because I want a rig that will accommodate my large family better than my JKUR. I posted a hello on the 80s Tech forum Hello

Like I said in the post I linked to, I have not actually had a chance to crawl around a cruiser yet and see if it would fit what I am looking for. I was wondering if any of you would be willing to help me out. The closer to Esco the easier it would be for me to break away and take a look.

Thanks guys!

Bryant

Welcome and check this link if you haven't yet for local rigs available. Also come by our Beach n Toys meeting the first Tuesday of the month in Escondido and you'll get more than an earful about the 80 (and the 40 and the 60 and the 62 and the 100...).

Thanks guys!

Bryant

Bryant, let me know if you want to swing by and take a look at my 80 and drive it. It will give you a feel for what is possible. The 80 is a great family vehicle IMO. It has been great for me, 2 dogs, wife and 2 kids.

Welcome to 'Mud! :flipoff2: <--- official mud welcome.
Lol the whales vagina is Carlsbad IIRC, Guppie is a super nice dude who helped me out with some wiring on my 60 (took about 30 seconds to show me what the problem was) :rolleyes: Hit him up!
And if a 60 series piques your interest, you can check out/ drive mine, but you gotta love a manual Trans prior to that!

@1973Guppie Haha that's it. I just couldn't place the quote. I am sure if I googled it... Don't change it.

@TallCanDan thanks for the welcome. I thought briefly about the 60. I like the looks a lot. But a third row is rare to find and I am looking for something a little more comfy to get my fam to and from the trails.

Sent from my iPhone

@Torch Engineering If you are going to go hardcore wheeling, the 80 is solid. But if it's more a day-to-day driver and you want the extra power, consider the 100 series.

Thought I'd introduce myself over here, been building up a GX470 (LC Prado) for the last few months, really loving the "4Runner on steroids" package! The hundy's have always been a favorite of mine and would definitely like to come out to a meet

Cheers!

image.jpeg
What's up guys! I was in town last week for biz, ate some great food, nice places to drink & awesome city! Saw this on 5th Ave thurs night & had to take a snap. Nice ride.

Long time Toyota owner in San Marcos here. Just sold a beloved built up Tacoma and looking for a 100 series 2003-2005. Hope to join the club soon!

Hi all! I've posted a few times on the tech forum but figured I should introduce myself and truck here in the local clubhouse forum.

My name is ONeill and I have a 1997 fzj80 with 245xxx miles. I've had the truck for about a year but had a green 96 fj80 before this one.

you may have seen my driving around ocean beach, on the 8 heading to/from work, or checking out the local surf spots Around SD.

I'm pretty new to working on cars but I enjoy using the info and knowledge on this forum to perform my own work on my cruiser.

So far I have performed general maintenance along with all new brake components and a front axle rebuild. New tires - Firestone destination mt 285s getting installed tomorrow!!!:bounce:

I have purchased/collected a few set of tools (race/bearing drivers, 54 mm hub socket, brake pressure gauge, etc) so if anyone ever needs to use these...instead of having to purchase yourself...hit me up.

Would love to find some cruiser heads to meet up or explore with. Feel free to PM me if you're interested.

Looking into going to Pismo beach for my spring break (last week of March) so I'm trying to get some things done to the truck before then.

Without further ado, here's my rig!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Hello all! My name is Shawn and I am a long time Toyota fan and owner. Currently living and working in the San Diego area. Started my obsession back in college with an 85 corolla gts. Moved on to an 08 FJ Cruiser. Wifes family is from Nagoya and supplies robotics components to Toyota in Japan so marrying her was a no-brainer. Traded in my FJC for a 2015 Tacoma which I have spent the last year lifitng and snorkeling and adding doo dads here and there with. Drove some Hilux diesels and Prados and FJ80's overseas for work and liked those too. Greateigs. Currently obsessed with getting my happy a$$ into an FJ40 beater to play around with at the beach and on the trails, so rather than be a creepy lurker I figured I'd dive right in. So, I'll post pics of my Toyotas feom
Past and present and then I'm off to research and ask questions and meet up with folks and otherwise be present and active here and in the San Diego community.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hey - I'm Mike- I'm a 2005 lx470 owner for just over a month. Traded in my 2011 paid off tahoe for this rig to get into some overlanding. Really wished for a LC but couldn't find any locally for a while. Anyhow, looking to get into some adventures with my 3kids and wife.

BTW- anyone know good local shops that work on these rigs? Thanks

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

What up guys, just drove across country in my 100 from Florida for a new job here in SD.

3 weeks later I get some codes popping up - p0455 and p0441 for emission control

What dealer / shop should i go to to get this sorted?

Im by downtown

What up guys, just drove across country in my 100 from Florida for a new job here in SD.

3 weeks later I get some codes popping up - p0455 and p0441 for emission control

Im by downtown

I remember yelping a place in Claremont Mesa and Miramar but don't recall the names. Then there's the Lexus dealership in Kearny Mesa off the 163.

Im by downtown

Call John @ SD Trux, let him know Noah sent you........

Hello all! My name is Shawn and I am a long time Toyota fan and owner. Currently living and working in the San Diego area. Started my obsession back in college with an 85 corolla gts. Moved on to an 08 FJ Cruiser. Wifes family is from Nagoya and supplies robotics components to Toyota in Japan so marrying her was a no-brainer. Traded in my FJC for a 2015 Tacoma which I have spent the last year lifitng and snorkeling and adding doo dads here and there with. Drove some Hilux diesels and Prados and FJ80's overseas for work and liked those too. Greateigs. Currently obsessed with getting my happy a$$ into an FJ40 beater to play around with at the beach and on the trails, so rather than be a creepy lurker I figured I'd dive right in. So, I'll post pics of my Toyotas feom
Past and present and then I'm off to research and ask questions and meet up with folks and otherwise be present and active here and in the San Diego community.

View attachment 1266665

View attachment 1266666

Finally got my hands on an fj40! Figured I'd update this. Gonna try to come to the monthly meetings at Mikes bbq. See ya then!

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom