Official SD Cruisers Introduction Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice ride! Let's wheel.

Danny

Thanks! Hoping to do a little wheeling in and around San Diego over the Christmas break.

Frank

I've got the week of Christmas off, I'd like to get out and take some paint of the skidplates and sliders.

Is this still going on...?

Hey everyone!

I feel like an ass for not having found this sooner! Looks like it's been a year since the last post, so let me get this going again. I've been on 'mud for years and in San Diego since 07, got here just in time for the fires!

I got my first Cruiser in 98, a beautiful dune beige 77 covered in mud. I bought it in El Paso, Texas and didn't know about the 40's amazing rusting abilities. Once I got her home and washed the mud off, I found the typical cancer throughout, turns out the PO who was stationed at Ft Bliss, had recently brought it out of Colorado...snow, salted roads,etc... I set upon a tear down, which was stupid, since I had no idea what I was doing and didn't have a plan.

15 years later, I own the 2nd of two 100's, the first one was wrecked and got an 06 with the insurance $$. I still have the 40 and it's still in Texas but I have recently re-dedicated my efforts to resuming my build. After years of lurking on here, I am much more educated about the ups and downs of a frame-off and am working on a wish list for mine. I look forward to connecting with fellow Cruiserheads in town. Like several others here, I would love to join in on wrenching, doing some trail runs & craft-brew drinking! If you're doing ANYTHING, to your cruiser, let me know, I can hand you a wrench, lift heavy stuff, whatever...I just want in on it! And no, the pic isn't the product of a cool phone camera app, its actually a scanned polaroid! Only camera I had available back then!:beer:

EPFD-68TH CLASS C SHIFT.jpg

Hmm, new year same post for me:

I've got the week of Christmas off, I'd like to get out and take some paint ofF the skidplates and sliders.

Welcome, this corner of the forum is a bit on the quiet side as you can see...

Hey i have my 1978 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45 and i'm using it from many years and i just loved it to drive it. I dnt have any pics of it right now but i will post the pics too very soon.

Hey i have my 1978 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ45 and i'm using it from many years and i just loved it to drive it. I dnt have any pics of it right now but i will post the pics too very soon.

Very nice! Welcome and post up those pictures!

I stole this from my intro to SoCal 80's...

1.First name.
Ryan

2.Location.
San Diego, CA

3.Year, make (LC or LX), and any modifications you have done.
97' Land Cruiser (unlocked) - OME 4" lift, ARB front bumper, Warn M1200 winch, Safari Snorkel, 4x4 Labs rear bumper with Jerry can/Tire swing outs, center diff lock, 315/75 BFG KM2's, Metal tech sliders, AJIK modified blue fan clutch

4.What you like to do with your ride? (i.e. expedition, hard core, family truckster)
Expedition/overlanding

5.Any thing personal you would like to add? (family, hobbies, work industry)
Just moved here from VA (though originally from CA).
IMG_1237.JPG
IMG_1251.JPG
IMG_1255.JPG
IMG_1257.JPG
I recently transferred from active duty Marines to the reserves. My wife is active Navy. Every second I spent in VA with my Land Cruiser I missed the South West and can't wait to go wheeling out here! I may be obsessed with the Colorado Plateau.

6.Pictures, pictures, pictures…please post some pictures of your ride and anything else you feel is appropriate to help the other members get a feel for who you are.

Some recent pictures from my drive across country...

My name is Rodrigo and I purchased my first Land Cruiser last August after the birth of our first son. Currently on my third toyota truck/suv. Had a 94 pickup(wrecked) and a 2005 Tacoma(currently for sale).

Anyway, my Tacoma is only an access cab, so car seats dont fair too well in it. So, the next best thing? Land Cruiser!

Its a 98 with 159k when I purchased it from the original owner. Its got some dings and scrapes, but Im not trying to win a car show, so I didnt mind. Just had the valve cover seals done, new rotors, pads, wheel bearings and seals, and new ss brake lines. Suspension lift is next on the list along with armor.

When I first got it:

Most recent pic. 33" falken wild peaks. Plastidipped rims and side trim.

My previous rig:

Hello all,

New to the forums, and new to the FJ world. Previously built up a SAS Tacoma but ended up selling it for a Datsun 510. Still have the 510 but was itching for another 4x4. What could be better then TLC, its classic Japanese and its extremely stout!! Seems like the perfect vehicle to me!

My name's Kellen, i'm 27 from north county, mostly Escondido and Valley Center. I'm a complete bicycle nut and enjoy everrry aspect of cycling.

The FJ60 - Bought the truck off the forums here about 4 months ago. Seemed like a pretty good deal and really couldn't pass it up. The truck has had quite a bit of work, probably from the late 90's early 2000's.
Under the hood, is a quite ridiculous motor.. 7.4L 454 TBI big block Chevy paired to the stock 4 spd tranny and t-case. (Was told both trans/t-case have work done)?
Stock front axle with 4.88, truetrac LSD, rear is a Ford 9" with Detrot Locker.
The lift is custom leaf packs with spring under. Truck rides pretty terrible, so I've got a lot of suspension work planed. I'll most likely going 4 link rear on air bags with a new spring pack for the front and some other odd's and ends.
Ill be using the truck mostly for camping and Baja trips, as well as commuting when i'm not ridding my bike to work.
Would be cool to meet up with some people and maybe do a few trail runs / camping trips.

Anyways here's she is this past weekend in Anza Borrego..

16186752018_ee8e60db76_b.jpg

16372660191_955ed0193c_b.jpg

Welcome!
Cool rig, I'd love to ride in it with that motor. Going to try like hell to make it to TDS at Truckhaven/ Borrego Springs, any plans on going? I'd like to get out to Corral Canyon OHV Park as well.

Nice 60!

Frank

@80seriespoptop my wife told me she saw a beautiful blue 55 in North County last week. Coincidentally the next day I saw you rolling south and figured you were on your way to TDS. Then drove past your site out in Anza at TDS on the weekend. Not stalking you but clearly an eye catching rig. :pig::cheers:

@80seriespoptop my wife told me she saw a beautiful blue 55 in North County last week. Coincidentally the next day I saw you rolling south and figured you were on your way to TDS. Then drove past your site out in Anza at TDS on the weekend. Not stalking you but clearly an eye catching rig. :pig::cheers:

Thanku Leucadiacruiser if your up for a coffee give me a holler since we are neighbors we can talk shop. G

@80seriespoptop That's weird, I just started seeing that 55 out of the blue too!! (pun intended). Both times I was in my bad arse 1994 Camry though. You probably thought I was someone really rich compared to all the yuppies out here now but nope, just me.

Lakeside to Encinitas!? All my east county buddies would never do such a thing!!

Hi all,

Just got my first LC. My brother DirtGypsy built it for me. It's an 86 fj60. The goal was to restore it to as original as possible. The truck was sitting for years and needed a lot of mechanical work. Body was straight and rust free. I flew up to Portland to pick it up this last weekend. Currently awaiting some adjustments so it can pass smog.

Here is a pick from this morning before my brother flew home.

image.jpg

Hello Everyone,

I finally got my Self a LC. I live in the Chula Vista area. Hope to bump in with some of you guys someday. If any can give me any info on some nice dirt trails around the area please let me know.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom