OEM Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who knows anything about these OEM springs?

I have two rear springs that were sent to me 48231-6A070 and 48231-6A100, I know that there was some issues with OEM 80 springs being discontinued. But in my searches I have found a lot of springs with the 48231 prefix. And I have found one place that shows these part numbers as R&L. But both the two I have are marked by Toyota as Spring Coil, RR. And they are significantly different lengths. In fact the 6A100 coil has an extra winding in it. 7 wraps vs 6 wraps. Is this a backwards parts issue? Where the longer spring would go on the R in R hand drive countries but should be swapped to the L in the US? If you are out there @beno let me know what you think. Also I heard you are out on vacation, hope you are having a great time, but hurry back I need some more parts! Haha.

OEM-48231-6A070.jpg

Never mind, I found some info on the Lexus parts diagram. The 6A100 is for trucks with 3rd row seats the 6A070 is for trucks without 3rd row. each of the 6A100 and 6A070 are interchangeable RH and LH, so it looks like I have 2 different springs. Ugh. I could certainly use someone's input that knows more than I do about the Toyota part system.

coils.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom