OEM Shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone here ride on Toyota OEM shocks? If so, what's the verdict?

That's gotta be one of the few OEM parts that's significantly cheaper than aftermarket. Bilsteins, for example, costs more than twice as much. I wonder if it's twice as good. After all, it's fitted on a leaf sprung vehicle that will never ride like a Cadillac.

One nice thing about Oem is the solid metal shaft covers. The rubber boots on aftermarket shocks are guaranteed to get screwed up if you see any brush/trail debris. I'd give them a try if I were in the market.

Pete

OEM shocks could not be used on a lifted truck anyway. It would have to be stock.

Pete

One nice thing about Oem is the solid metal shaft covers. The rubber boots on aftermarket shocks are guaranteed to get screwed up if you see any brush/trail debris. I'd give them a try if I were in the market.

Pete
My truck is stock, so that just about sells it...

They will rust eventually, due to road rash, due to there shape they will not hold moisture. Should last a very long time

Got the OEM shocks on! So far so good. I drove it for about an hour on the freeway today going 65 and the ride is smooth. I have noticed though, that on bumpy roads the ride is marginally bouncier compared to the Pro Comp shocks I had before. The Pro Comps were bigger, so it probably provides better control over a wider range of road conditions.
I'm digging the metal shaft covers.

IMG_5807.JPG

Racer thanks for posting this up this is really helpful. Did you use OEM shocks in the rear as well?
My truck has the original shocks up front and after market crappy shocks in the rear.
I want to replace with OEM in the front so I'm glad they are working out. I just need to figure out what to put in the rear as OEM is disco

Easy install. Took me about 10 minutes per corner using hand tools. There's really no need to jack up the truck, but I did it while I had the tires off for a brake job.

img_5746-jpg.1095815

I ran OEM shocks on the 45lv for a bit, they were fine but replaced with OME painted black. Ride was better with OME

Tokiko (sp) is the OEM maker. Think they were $19 each 10 years ago.

For anyone who references this thread in the future:

Front shocks: Part # 48511-69037
Rear Shocks: Part # 48531-69059

Rubber bushings are included.

Do you know if this covers all years of the 40 series? Thought the lower rear anchor point changed at some time.

'69 and up.

:bang: which really doesn't mean anything since Toyota only recognizes Land Cruiser in there parts system back to 69. Could mean it changed in 69 or it really fits older. Looking at SOR's site it shows only one shock for the front but says back to 58 while the FJ40 started in 1961. Rear showed a change in 1/75 which is when the 75 model started. :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom