OEM colors in a rattle can? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have a source for ordering OEM colors in a spray can? I only want to paint the bezel on my 40, so I don't really want to mess with a compressor, paint gun, etc., and I don't need very much paint. I asked at NAPA, and it sounded like it was something they could order, but he couldn't find 012 Cygnus White in his system (anyone got a source for this color in any form?).

Hopefully this isn't a repeat question. I did some searching and didn't find anything.

Thanks, that site looks like a really good place to buy paint. Pretty handy.

I went back to NAPA today and looked through the color books with the guy instead of telling him over the phone. We found Cygnus White, 012, listed in the book. It was listed as T012 though, which I didn't realize earlier. So I asked if he could get it in a spray can, and he mixed it and put in the can on the spot. $13.99 didn't sound terrible for a can of OEM spray enamel. Hopefully this might help somebody else out down the road. I'll post pics of the black bezel vs. white bezel in the 40 section.

:cheers:

rattle can

www.towerpaint.com Is also a great source for Oem rattle can paint. Ryan Scott repainted his 55 with rattle cans from tower, it came out great. Cygnus and Nebula Green.

Lou
ryans rig.jpg

Yeah, tower paint has been mentioned b/f. I would like to see how it looks in person or talk to someone whos used it. I'm wanting that offwhite color too so I can paint some wheels and my bezel. Please let us know what you choose to do!

I found a few places online with a search, cans were about $24 plus shipping, I called a local autobody supply shop and they told me of a local paint shop that sold custom mixed colors in spray cans. I called 'em up and after a few minutes of making sure they had the right paint code, he told me it was $19 and it would be ready by the time i picked it up that afternoon. It was a metallic gray, and to my eye was a perfect match.

All this to say, try giving a local auto body supply house a call, and see what they have to say.

Anyone know the URL for Tower Paint? The one provided by Luke111 doesn't appear to resolve.

Local to me Auto Paint store in the OC quoted $25 per rattle can for OEM paint, so sould like you found a good place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom