Odd Headlights not turning off automatically question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good mornin Gents.

My wife has a 2015 GX460 that has been fitted with an armoring kit. (we live in an unsafe country) So far its been to the dealer and its been to the place that did the armoring twice. Each blames the other for the headlights not turning off automatically when you shut the engine off and exit the vehicle. I know this has to do with the opening and closing of the driver door. In my LC200 I suffered a dead battery when I exited through the passenger door at night to avoid a puddle and the headlights stayed on. My question is where would you guys recommend I start. Im a good DIY fixit guy, but would like some place to start.
Cheers.

Good mornin Gents.

My wife has a 2015 GX460 that has been fitted with an armoring kit. (we live in an unsafe country) So far its been to the dealer and its been to the place that did the armoring twice. Each blames the other for the headlights not turning off automatically when you shut the engine off and exit the vehicle. I know this has to do with the opening and closing of the driver door. In my LC200 I suffered a dead battery when I exited through the passenger door at night to avoid a puddle and the headlights stayed on. My question is where would you guys recommend I start. Im a good DIY fixit guy, but would like some place to start.
Cheers.

this happened on my 2011 4runner.. i found out in my case that it was the door shut sensor(little rubber button basically that can be pushed in and retracts back out when you aren't pushing on it).. Door jam Switch. here's a link to one for my vehicle 2011 Toyota 4Runner Door Jamb Switch - Standard Motor Products AW-1047

Did you ever get this figured out?

Also, super random question, but what all do they do to up-armor the vehicle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom