OBDII- Does It Measure Transmission Fluid Temp?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by psfpilot, Sep 5, 2007.

1. psfpilot

psfpilot

Does OBDII measure the automatic transmission's temperature?

If so, what brand(s) of scan tool or scan software are capable of reading this data stream?

I have been towing trailers as of late, and it has piqued my curiosity as to what my temps are. I enjoy having accurate data to monitor mechanical systems while I'm operating them, but I don't have any for the transmission temp and it seems that the ECM would be a logical source if I want accurate information without the difficulty of adding and properly locating an aftermarket sensor and gauge.
  2. FirstToy

FirstToy

I heard that Scangauge II will update their software to monitor AT temps, also can upgrade old units.
  3. Erratic

Erratic

FWIW, My snap on scanner with toyota specific software does not seem to have trans temp. I really wish it did. If there is something out there that will I'll probably get it. Obviously its dependent on if the vehicle has that sensor or not.
  4. The latest version of Scangauge is suppose to monitor AT temps, I don't know if it is complete yet, last I heard there had a minor bug to fix.
  5. Jacques Villeneuve

Jacques Villeneuve

My Scangauge II is in the mail but my question is:

Will it show engine oil pressure ?
    :beer:
  6. 96r50

96r50

No oil pressure on mine

From Scangauge:

Display 4 gauges at a time from the 12 built-in digital gauges. the information is presented in Real-time!
    Fuel Economy
    Fuel Rate
    Battery Voltage
    Coolant Temperature
    Intake Air Temperature
    Engine Speed (RPM)
    Vehicle speed (MPH)
    Manifold Pressure (not available on some vehicles)
    Engine Load
    Throttle Position
    Ignition Timing
    Open/Closed Loop