1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NV4500

Discussion in 'For Sale - Parts' started by ckolloff, Mar 18, 2002.

1. ckolloff

ckolloff

Heavy duty NV4500 out of a 98 Dodge 5.9liter turbo deisal. $800obo. ckolloff@hotmail.com

2. rugburn

rugburn

Where are you located??? :D

3. ckolloff

ckolloff

Located in Atlanta GA. If your serious about it or have ques, need pics, use my hotmail.

4. toyfj40

toyfj40

??? :) What shape is it in. How many miles. Pics?

How much would you think to ship to CA

5. Guest

Guest Guest

How many miles?
    2wd or 4wd?

6. beanz2

beanz2 Moderator

For guys thinking of getting an NV4500, invest $10 and get the NV4500 manual from AA first. There's different models out there and buying the wrong one will get pretty expensive. Not to sour your sale, ckolloff, just trying to help fellow cruiserheads.

Dave

7. PHAT MAX

PHAT MAX

ya i do believe one of the conversions requires a new output shaft or input shaft or something like that...

https://www.click4secureprocessing.com/aa-secure/store.html

8. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead

Out of a Cummins 5.9 will be a NV4500HD. Will mate to a LC case (all models, with proper adapter) via adapter plate from AA. Rear output shaft slightly too long, you just need to hacksaw it a little, AA will tell you the same thing. Not sure on the front end, but the bolt pattern is the same as Chevy 350. Whether you'll run into issues with the clutch engagement not sure, but possible. AA also makes a new bellhousing for NV4500 that puts clutch mechanism on drivers side. $$ of course...

9. beanz2

beanz2 Moderator

Andre,

The bellhousing to engine block pattern is not the same as a Chevy. The transmission case to bellhousing bolt pattern and the bearing retainer hole is the same as a 1996+ Chevy NV4500. I think the input shaft is too long for a Chevy, but ideal for a 2F.

Dave

10. too tall

too tall

I have done this conversion , and yes the hd dodge version is well suited for using it behind a 2F. The bellhousing adapter kit is I think $275 . You still have to worry about the t-case . If you are using a sb chev than you will have to change the input shaft as the dodge one is to long , you also have to get a special clutch and bellhousing from AA unless you can find a chevy one (internal clutch slave)and figure out how to make it work. Again the t-case still needs to be addressed . I used a split case , If anyone decides to go this route e-mail me and I'll send some pics.