Nurture My Pig! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, after MUCH consideration, I've decided to cash it in. My childhood 55 is just going to take too much time, cost too much $$$, and require much more skill and craftsmanship that currently have.

It's just too far gone.

If anyone needs anything , I'll be cleaning out the garage soon (except for a few bits of memorabilia that I'm going to hang on to).

I also have a full set of BobM's kit (rockers, floor pans, body mounts, etc.). I'll take care of all of that in the classifieds section.

I felt sick to my stomach when I made the decision and called my dad (who bought it back in '72). He was supportive and was happy to hear I was going to spend that time with the kids instead of old rusty. Still not easy, had lots of hopes / plans for that old girl.

As I said in another forum, I feel like I'm in mourning over the loss of a loved one. Seriously, it's sorta crazy.

:frown:

Travis,

Sometimes, it's for the best. Doesn't make it easier, just more understandable.

Life's not over, why do think I'm building another one now. Kids are gone and I have the time.

Something good will come of this! In days to come, you just might feel a heavy load leave your back.

Best Regards,

Thanks Ron.

That's what I'm thinkin'.

I know that without a doubt, I'll own a 55 again. That's why I'm keeping certain "artifacts" from my pig. They'll be transplanted onto my new pig, whether that be 5, 10, 15 years down the road.

Funny that you mention the heavy load leaving. As soon as my dad said he was cool with me calling it quits, I felt "better". I was working on the 55 thinking I should be doing something else around the house/with the kids/ etc. and when I was doing one of those things, I was thinking... if I don't get out there and work on her, it'll never get done.

I think in the end, she was just TOO far gone. It was starting to feel like I was building a SUV from scratch.

Still bummed though.

I'll be going through my parts here shortly and posting them up, but if there's anything anyone needs immediately, let me know and I''ll hunt for it.

I'm not looking to make a bundle here (as a lot of you know, I gave away my drivetrain), just recoup some of the $$ I've spent and cover the cost of shipping.

As that great American, Harry Callahan, once said: "A man's got to know his limitations".

OK.... some jerk hacked my account this weekend and had the audacity to say I was getting rid of my 55. ;) You all know that would never happen. (People, this 55 thing really is a sickness, one that I can't control).

Some of you emailed me about parts and since I don't plan on using some of those, I'll still try to get them to you. Davegonz... your inbox is full. :)

I was going to write some sentimental, philosophical BS here, but instead, I'm just going to shut up and work on her.

:cheers:

We like philosophical BS.....

HA! Yeah, but I can lay it down thick! :grinpimp:

Basically, I just began focusing too much on the destination rather than enjoying the journey (how's that for some
philosophical BS ;)).

he's got the swine flu:lol:

good to hear...it can be tough, just gotta try to keep seeing the light...it is ALWAYS about the process/journey;)(but having something tangible helps too)

Well... after life put all garage related activities on hold for a while, I finally got time to play a bit. Still just cutting rust away to find out what I'll have left.

Here's a little before and after.

BeforeAfter.jpg

My youngest turns 1 year old this week... hope to have the 55 ready in time for him to learn to drive, since it's what I learned to drive in. :D

DSC_0149.JPG

Best case scenario... It's ready when my 6 year old decides she wants to start driving. :)

right on man! I can understand exactly how you feel...just keep your eye on the ring;)

RIP Old Buddy... :crybaby:

DSC_0123.JPG

And on to a less trying project...

DSC_0236.JPG

Hope to have a less rusty 55 be a part of the family a couple of years down the line.

Until then, I'll be checking in from time to time to watch what you guys and gals are doing to keep these rigs up and running.

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom