Not another tire thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've had my heart set on 315/75/16 BFG KM2s since I put a slee 4" on my truck and have found they are unobtanium! I'm not sure if they will be discontinued in that size but am guessing I need a plan B. I guess the 16" wheel is becoming obsolete as our options seem to be dwindling and I like the factory wheel. My next thought is giving the Toyo MT a shot. Thoughts?

I figured if I bite the bullet on 20x8 wheels I could use hand me down tires from a Superduty that I already had as well as other C-list tire options. The following pics are and 275/65 R20 and 37"s
P1260253 - Version 2.JPG
P1260259.JPG
IMG_0918.JPG

I have the Toyo AT-2 and I couldn't be happier...unless I would have gotten the MTs instead!
DSC_2198_zps836a6284.jpg

Those are some wild rims...I dig the change!

I see a litle fuss about the weight of the Toyo tires...is that legitimate?

Love my 315 Toyo Open Country AT2 extremes. No complaints and weight isn't an issue.

315 Bighorn Maxxis on our 80 (and on my 40 with 80 wheels, too) - price was great on both sets thanks to a Pep Boys special :grinpimp:

Im in the middle of a tire debate myself and am leaning heavily towards the 315/75/16 Firestone Destination MT. I have run them in different sizes on Jeeps in the past and they were great. A little noisey but treadlife was superior to any other MT I can remember running. Only thing I am considering instead is the Cooper ST Maxx. The destinations can be had on Ebay for just over a grand shipped. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-LT315-7...5|Rim+Diameter:16&hash=item33946c3abb&vxp=mtr

I am and have been a BFG fan for a long time but last year got the Toyo MT's in the 315 size because of lack of availability of the BFG MT in 345(?), if I remember right. I have been very pleased with the Toyo tires. They also run very true to size(34.9") some brands don't.

I have the Toyo MTs for about 2 years now. A bit noisy but they are mud tires, what would you expect :meh:? Good tire on the rocks but I have been chunking them a bit, again what do you expect in sharp rocks? Mud they seem to do well, sand they seem to pull right along. They have not been terrible in the rain but I don't push it when it is raining. Have not tried them in the snow yet. They are long wearing and heavy. Long and short of it is that they have not let me down.

They are definitely not a bad choice and I would buy them again.

try the goodyear MT/R...they have that size(315 75R16)...Light and decent sidewall...does wear out a bit faster!

Thanks for all the comments...I'm thinking it will be the Toyo open country MT.

Toyo Open Country AT2s and I am very happy with them.

I see mention that the Toyo MTs are a little noisy. Have been spoiled by the good graces of BFG, which have always done well in this dept. Could anyone hazard a guess as to how the Toyo MT compares to the KM2?

I am looking at the Toyo MTs as well. Please compare to anything. I am running M/T Baja ATZ 305s now and they are noisier than hell. unimpressed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom