For Sale North Dallas: 1995 FZJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Due to lack of time and storage, I'm considering letting my 80 go.

Its been my daily since I moved to Dallas in late October. It has about 217k, but I pulled the engine out around 210k. I pulled the engine due to age, it had a lot of leaks but had great compression and ran well. Every seal or rubber part was replaced with Toyota parts. I used an OSK (japan) timing chain kit. I had a well known machine shop freshen up the factory head. (Costa Mesa R&D) . RC engineering did the fuel injectors. Lots of matenince done while engine was out, trans pump seal and O ring. power steering lines etc etc.

Pros
-Nitro 4:88s, with solid sleeves and new bearings
-ARBs
-Nitro Transfercase gears
-5 new ATs 35x12.5r16, and procomp wheels
-4x4 labs dual swing
-Part time kit Locka spool, aisan hubs
-12k winch waterproof smittybuilt with synthetic rope
-New glass headlamps with HIDs.
-Nitro Birfs
-Factory FJC seats, rear seats were upholstered to match
-Raptor lined and tinted factory emerald green
-polk audi 6.5's with amp Bluetooth dongle to connect to phone.
-Magnaflow exhaust, with magnoflow cats
-Metal tech ajustible rear control arms
-CV driveshafts front and rear
-factory headliner was removed and painted black with fabric paint (some could consider this a con, but it looks clean and gave the interior an updated appearance)
-CO2 tank
-J springs and L shocks, with yellow caster bushings
-depo glass headlamps with hid on high and low side. Slee harness upgrade...
-

Cons
-Rear bumper swing stopper was welded at a slight angle, at times it will cause the tire to have a slight movement on freeway. It could use some fine tuning.
-Roof was beat up from previous owner. I used some tiger hair fiberglass to make it look more presentable.
- PO made the FJC seat brackets, the passenger side is too high
- no radio, (Bluetooth directly to amp)
-Sun roof will rattle in closed position. Takes some playing with to get in a position that doesn't rattle over bumps

Long term was to use in CA to explore and move to a aqualu FJ40 body. I did not spare expense when it came to reliability of the vehicle. However the vehicle body is far from a show truck, its over 20 years old and has been used for camping and offroading with the whole family.

I haven't had time to use it since I moved to Dallas and the family has moved on to different activites. I dont want my wife to know but probably have spent close to 15k on this plus the purchase of the vehicle. However, she does know the hours and hours its kept my busy in the garage. In a previous life I was a Lexus master technican for several years.

Right now, I'd consider selling for $8,700. mikekramarz@gmail.com for more pictures.

thumb_IMG_5721_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_5743_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_5747_1024.jpg

Last edited:
Even though I already picked up an 80, I may have a buyer for you. I will let you know. He's looking for an 80 with a VERY similar check list.

Sorry, I tried to talk him into it but he decided he wants a 4Runner now. I know of two other guys looking for a buildt 80 and I already passed on your info to them. Hopefully one of them will contact you soon.

I could be depends on the condition. Could you send pictures?

And FYI I rerouted the exhaust and reconfigured sliders. I've put on roughly 800 miles and no MIL. I'll update thread when I hit 1,000 miles.

Did you? We were out at barnwell mountain park. What were you in?

Yes, I was there Saturday and Sunday in my tan 4runner. Shoot me a message if you ever need some company on the trails. I saw the ad for the truck the other day and you said you might be buying it and guessed that had to be the same truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom