No kidding lift and tire size? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

aaronrules

Coolest person you know!
Threads
I've searched and seen many options. I have 01' tree and I'm leaning towards keeping it, at least for a little while.

I have also seen many different lift and tire combos. I just thought it might a good idea to make a sticky (or at least a post) with the options available.

What are the lift and tire options if staying with stock rims?

What kind of spacers/back spacing do you need to run bigger/wider tires?

So far it looks like Bilstien 5100 adjustable for the front will get a "leveled" look. What can be added to the back? What combo can be used to lift the whole rig?

Biggest wheel tire combo with each lift?

Let's keep this to actual real world things that have been done.

What have you guys done to get your tree to look and be less soccer mom and more overlanderish?

Stay with with and wheel and tire for this post please. Armor for another thread.

Thanks guys.

Sequoia

I have read that anything for a first gen Tundra will work for the front lift, and using 100 series Landcruiser lift springs will take care the rear. The Sequoia can share a lot of parts with other Toyotas.

I have also read the same as Black USK56. I just did 5100's on my 05 last weekend, but am having a hard time tracking down stock 100 series springs for the back. I can get OME medium duties, but those say they add 1.5" to a 100 series, which would be ~2.5 for the sequoia. A little more than I want. I do trails with mine, but it's still my daily driver so I don't want it to be too high.

As my sig suggests, I have the RevTek Leveling kit for my Gen 1. It basically adds 2.5" front, 1.5" rear.. I added the Nitto TG 285/70/17 for a total of about 4.5" lift. I also have a Yakima bars on top so I do struggle with parking garages that have clearances of 6'8" or less... IMO it looks great though, and drives awesome as my DD..
For those who have gone the Bilstein 5100 route, is there a similar solution for the back? I'm using stock springs/shocks/struts...

Kind of comes down to what you are willing to spend. Tundra equipment fits the front, land cruiser equipment fits the rear. There are a few kits out there. Toyteclifts.com might give you some points of reference. I started out with their ultimate package' but have since gone off on my own. There are a lot of Toyota parts that will fit, but there is a little of engineering that goes into getting suspension just right.

image.jpeg

As my sig suggests, I have the RevTek Leveling kit for my Gen 1. It basically adds 2.5" front, 1.5" rear.. I added the Nitto TG 285/70/17 for a total of about 4.5" lift. I also have a Yakima bars on top so I do struggle with parking garages that have clearances of 6'8" or less... IMO it looks great though, and drives awesome as my DD..
For those who have gone the Bilstein 5100 route, is there a similar solution for the back? I'm using stock springs/shocks/struts...
There are a few solutions for the back. I had bilstein 5100's in the back. They were a longer shock, intended for lifted FJ. A little to soft, or more specifically to rapid on the rebound. Recently swapped for ICON 2.0 designed for a Landcruiser 100. Better match for the weight. The key is correct travel (roughly 10" total, from 15-25") paired with correct weight. My 02 Seq is about 5800lbs.

Thanks Eric - I'll look into the ICON series. I like your ARB front bumper as well. Unfortunately, the design changed for the '07 front grill so I think I am left with going custom (or have a gap).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom