Nitto Terra Grappler G2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh wow sweet. That's what I'm talking about...mostly your rig. Thanks for the pic. Nice to have a visual reference, especially like that.
Glad you liked that shot, here is the full one. Yes, I have a Land Cruiser addiction. Seriously, the ride and handling was much improved over the BFG MT I had on it with 17 inch steel wheels. These Alloy ones in combination with the Terra Grappler made for about 50 lbs less at each of the 4 locations for a much better spring rate, ride, and braking. And such a quiet tire, too....at least when new. I only have about 2000 miles on them so far.
FJ40 and FJ60.jpg

Love the blue but have a special place for any white truck! They both look great!
Love the steal your face on the back window!

Love the blue but have a special place for any white truck! They both look great!
Love the steal your face on the back window!
SYF stickers are the first mod I do to any of my cruisers! The other stickers are from various National Parks. Just installed this one this morning. Sorry to hijack the OP thread on this but really, you will be happy with the Terra Grappler G2 for sure.
Dead.jpg

All good, cruiser pics are always welcome. I'm anxious to get into the G2's now. May have to try to sell the current Firestone Destination AT on there now.

Poop, I went to buy an additional tire for my tire carrier and I was told the Grapplers are now the G2's... I have the G1s with about 5k on them ugg. Figures!

Poop, I went to buy an additional tire for my tire carrier and I was told the Grapplers are now the G2's... I have the G1s with about 5k on them ugg. Figures!
Not true, they still sell the original TG's. What size are you looking for? I just bough 8 295/75/16 in the original Terra Grappler last week...

I'm looking for 295/70/18. That's good news.

I'm looking for 295/70/18. That's good news.
Well, according to Nitto's website, that size is no more in the original. Sorry to get your hopes up...

Just ordered one off eBay. I couldn't find one anywhere else. Anyone have and opinions about the difference in ride quality between the 2?

I swapped my TG's in 16" out for TG2's and am very impressed so far - even smoother then the TG and 3 of the 4 took no weight at all combined with the forged tundra rims !

Excellent handling and pavement manners - but can't speak yet to their off-road skills...

cheers

This thread is titled TERRA Grappler. Not Trail.

But it does look like they do indeed have a 295/75/16 G2... Interesting. I just shopped and bought that size in Grabber AT2s. Did not know the G2 was an option. I had 285 Terras for a while and hated them. Felt too balloon-like aired down, and once worn the tread pattern sucked.

is it that bad? im choosing between Nittos and BFGs. need new set of tires for my ride.

Given that the KO2s are out, they seem like a hands down winner...I just think the Terras are too tame for a good offroad tire. If you want that then they may fit the bill!

I don't have my land cruiser anymore. It had the original Terra Grapplers. I have G2s on a Jeep Wrangler now and they are great.

I loved my TG (1) s when I had them. I'm actually reading this thread because I am looking for a set for my 100 and I want to see if anything new is a better tire.

My Nittos saved my life in my 80 on ice in colorado a few years back as I was loping down I70 and rounded a corner into a pileup... Braked incredibly well and allowed me to manuever out of the way of other trucks sliding right past me into the wreckage... My truck didn't get touched but plenty of damage around me (no one was badly hurt). One guy even asked me what tires I had. He couldn't believe I was able to stop that short on the icy surface.

I loved my TG (1) s when I had them. I'm actually reading this thread because I am looking for a set for my 100 and I want to see if anything new is a better tire.

My Nittos saved my life in my 80 on ice in colorado a few years back as I was loping down I70 and rounded a corner into a pileup... Braked incredibly well and allowed me to manuever out of the way of other trucks sliding right past me into the wreckage... My truck didn't get touched but plenty of damage around me (no one was badly hurt). One guy even asked me what tires I had. He couldn't believe I was able to stop that short on the icy surface.

Well I started the thread and can't report on the G2's, but can report on TG1 as well that I've had on my 80. Never did get the G2 for my 100, went with KO2's. But I will say my TG1 have 40k miles on them now and just measured at 9/32 at DT. Doesn't seem real but true! They are approaching 6 years old however and since my son will be driving more soon I'll opt to get new tires. Leaning towards the G2 again for price reasons and more on road at this time that off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom