Nitto Terra Grappler G2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

92LXAZ

SILVER Star
Threads
I just put a set of 295/75/16's on my rig last week - initial impressions are really good ! very smooth and fairly quiet given the size, turn-in is decent given the sidewall height and once I brought them up to 38 f / 36 r they seemed to be even better.... shop set them to 32 ( cold) for some reason. from the LTX's the ride quality seems similar but a hair more road noise over 40.... no input on offroad yet - but they're more open then I thought.

I'll certainly consider them as a favored option when I jump to an 18" rim -

Are you sure those 295s are G2s? I didn't think they were available in 16" yet?

http://4wheelonline.com/Nitto_Trail_Grappler.135956.0

Here is the size list. I was out camping down in Fla couple weekends back. Guy I meet down on the trails had them on his 295/70r18 on his Ford F150. He loved them, they looked great, he stated that the road noise was minimal. He does mostly fire roads and hunting trails with the F150 but said they held up great aired down.
I'm tagging these as my next set once the BFG's run down

http://4wheelonline.com/Nitto_Trail_Grappler.135956.0

Here is the size list. I was out camping down in Fla couple weekends back. Guy I meet down on the trails had them on his 295/70r18 on his Ford F150. He loved them, they looked great, he stated that the road noise was minimal. He does mostly fire roads and hunting trails with the F150 but said they held up great aired down.
I'm tagging these as my next set once the BFG's run down

This thread is titled TERRA Grappler. Not Trail.

But it does look like they do indeed have a 295/75/16 G2... Interesting. I just shopped and bought that size in Grabber AT2s. Did not know the G2 was an option. I had 285 Terras for a while and hated them. Felt too balloon-like aired down, and once worn the tread pattern sucked.

This thread is titled TERRA Grappler. Not Trail.

But it does look like they do indeed have a 295/75/16 G2... Interesting. I just shopped and bought that size in Grabber AT2s. Did not know the G2 was an option. I had 285 Terras for a while and hated them. Felt too balloon-like aired down, and once worn the tread pattern sucked.

I read it just a cut and paste error all the tires are there here is the specific link

http://4wheelonline.com/nitto-tire-terra-grappler-g2.249944.0

Where do you see this?

Where do you see this?

if you look here you will see it listed
http://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/terra-grappler-all-terrain-light-truck-tire/

LT295/75R16 D 123Q

But this isn't the G2 and the initial link shows them not available in the G2 line up just the regular Grappler AT. Confirmed that with a google search and anything in Nitto in that size comes back to the Grappler.

For additional confirmation I just called my buddy up at the shop and he stated that the G2 is currently not available in that size from what he can see in his system. Nothing in any of their warehouses....

Hope that helps

Cheers...

sorry- my bad - mine are not G2's....... but I suspect they are only better...

I would hope they are better. I'm interested in the 305/60 so availability isn't an issue. Thanks for the input.

I'd speculate that the Nitto TG G2 wear is similar to the Toyo ATII, given that they are the same manufacturer. Maybe they've updated the Nitto tire with the compound in the ATII. So far my ATIIs are wearing very well. Quite impressive, really.
I ran the original Nitto TGs on my 80. Great all-around tire in my experience, with the exception of wearing a bit quickly.

I had a set of the original terra grapplers on my LR3 and got great mileage out of them. My only complaint was they were largely useless in snow and ice. Deep snow was great, but slippery roads were horrid. Honestly, I should have researched that before buying them.

Ah...I thought it said G2, but was indeed just the regular ones

I just emailed Nitto asking when the G2s will be available in 16".

I'm curious.

We'll be long term testing a set in OutdoorX4 Magazine. The new EXO seems very promising too. It's somewhere between the G2 and the Trail MT. Sizes are very limited right now, but will be expanded very soon.

Got a quick response...

Dear Ulysses,

We appreciate your interest in Nitto Tire products.

We may be looking into releasing more sizes in the future for the Terra Grappler G2, however, we do not have a set time frame or set list of new sizes to come. We will take your suggestion into consideration for the size expansion.

Sincerely,
Nitto Technical Department

Nitto Tire U.S.A
Fueled by Enthusiasts

They DO have a 285/75/18 which adds another option in that size.

I had a set of the original terra grapplers on my LR3 and got great mileage out of them. My only complaint was they were largely useless in snow and ice. Deep snow was great, but slippery roads were horrid. Honestly, I should have researched that before buying them.

That's probably why they are popular here in the dry, they do well for what we need them for. I'm sure it's tough to find that all around tire when you deal with several different conditions consistently.

We'll be long term testing a set in OutdoorX4 Magazine. The new EXO seems very promising too. It's somewhere between the G2 and the Trail MT. Sizes are very limited right now, but will be expanded very soon.

Will be interested to read your findings.

That's probably why they are popular here in the dry, they do well for what we need them for. I'm sure it's tough to find that all around tire when you deal with several different conditions consistently.

For what it's worth, I thought they were great in the snow and ice here in Utah. I think with most tires you get a wide range of experiences and opinions on their performance--particularly on snow and ice (where most tires struggle). Don't count the TG out for winter performance.

Have a new set on my 60 and absolutely love them so far.
FJ60 Tires.jpg
FJ60.101.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom