Nitro Gear Project "Murph" 97 FZJ80 40th, 37" Nitto's, Nitro 5.29, 2.5" Icon/ome suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Letsgomoreplaces

Gear & Axle parts for ALL Toyotas new or old...
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
www.letsgomoreplaces.com
#teamnitro_LC80_4.jpg
#teamnitro_LC80.jpg
20141020_144613.jpg
20141020_145752.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
teamnitro_lc80-jpg.1127618

teamnitro_lc80_4-jpg.1127617

20141015_154058-jpg.1127624

One of our rep's known as "Murph" built this 1997 FZJ80 as his first land cruiser project. The goal was something that could wheel, as well as commute. We wanted to take a bit different of an approach by keeping the suspension at standard 2.5" OME spring height so we could retain driveline angles, COG, driveability etc. We also wanted to run big tires, so we took off the flares to see what kind of cutting we could do while keeping it looking good. We also wanted to use all off-the shelf parts that we sell.

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 40th Anniversery edition
-37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on Hutchinson Rockmonster double beadlocks
-Nitro Gear 5.29 Ratio Ring & Pinions, all new bearings, knuckles overhauled, wheel bearings, etc
-ARB Air Locker Front, OEM JDM LSD Rear, ARB CKMA12 On board Compressor and Tire inflation kit
-Custom fender trimming utilizing OEM flares to clear 37's with low lift height
-Custom suspension kit with 2.5" Old Man Emu Coil Springs (2850/2863), caster bushings, Icon 2.0" diameter Aluminum body internal reservoir shocks, swaybar drops, bumpstops dropped.
-ARB Winch bumper, Milemarker Winch

Last edited:
I have seen him several times rolling thru town, rig looks sweet!

Last edited:
I need to come over and visit you guys sometime. I've got more plans for my cruiser maybe you guys can help me out with.

A very new approach on fender trimming. I like it. How did you fill in the underside of the fronts? Pics are dark. Is it just rubber in there rivited together?

Do you have any pics of the inner fenders via the hood area? I just wanted to see how the thinges on the enter fender are affected. Have you posted this in the official 37 & up thread?

Last edited:
?

Do you have any pics of the inner fenders via the hood area? I just wanted to see how the thinges on the enter fender are affected. Have you posted this in the official 37 & up thread?

Sorry to ask a ignorant question before doing my own research. The fender has a bit of space before it gets into the fender where the washer fluid, batery & aircleaner go etc...
Land Cruiser FJ80 37 Inch Tires (27).jpg

Last edited:
Do you have anymore pictures or videos of this green machine.
I also wanted to know the compressed & extension of those 2.0 Icon shocks.
Did you need to bumpstop the front axle?

looks like hes already sold it in the classifieds

He did sell the vehicle but we do have a few more pictures, most are fairly redundant. The Icon shocks are near the length of the OME "L" shocks. WE did not do front bumpstops, but did lower the rear 2.5". The front had LOTS of room with the trimming

Do you have anymore pictures or videos of this green machine.
I also wanted to know the compressed & extension of those 2.0 Icon shocks.
Did you need to bumpstop the front axle?

Thanks. I have a Lx450, so this way of cutting the fenders is very inviting.

Wow I'm impressed with this rig! How did it drive with the lift and tire combo? Also was there any rub at full flex? Looks like I may have a project of my own coming up ;)

Icons fit just inside the std bump length compressed and are 670mm [26.5"] long in the 2.0 so will need a front 50mm sway bar spacer, but brake lines sway bar links etc all work with this length.

this length would help with clearance, because longer shocks means more droop one side, more tuck the other, which means more rub.

If your tyres dont rub, it means you can fit bigger ones :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom