Nissan Patrol (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They used to compete directly with the 100/105 series Cruisers, currently they rival the 70/standard 200.

A new Patrol was released in 2010 - Bigger than the 200 with independent front and rear suspension. Old Patrol still is in production sort of like what the 70 is to the LC range.

closest rivals currently
standard 200

SWB and a Pickup version of the y61 Patrol are also available

In South Florida, the ifs/irs qx80s are everywhere it seems. Those things are selling well. I wonder if any of the owners are aware of the connection to the patrol?

I just looked up the sales figures. Nissan is selling around 1000 units per month--significantly more than the lc/lx, but they are about $15k+ less expensive too.

Last edited:
A couple guys have Y61 Diesel Safari's (Patrols) in our group. Really awesome trucks and other than a new 70 Series are the only truck on my radar should the 80 fall out of favor.

We even let a owner of a RHD Y60 join our local Land Cruiser club. If I could get my hands on a LHD one I would jump on it.

There are still quite a few Y60's in good shape around here but I like the 61 a little more.....like comparing a 60 series to an 80.

we get the VK56VD here,5.6L V8,298kw and 560nm,I'm a Toyota man but the new patrol does go very well
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1417666743.598820.jpg

Is it me or these patrols look like the Nissan Armada that we get here in the US?

based on the same platform I think

Is it me or these patrols look like the Nissan Armada that we get here in the US?

In 2010, the Infiniti QX56/80 switched platforms from the US made Armada platform to the Japanese made Patrol platform. I thought this was a strange move going through such lengths to sell two similarly sized vehicles, but it seems to be working for them.