Wanted Nice fzj80 (US) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Like many, I'm looking for a nice 80. No rust, clean undercarriage. Locked or unlocked but it should be priced accordingly. Stock or moderately built. No black, green, or maroon please. I'm flexible on mileage if it has been religiously maintained. Location is not as important as condition.

Thanks!
Mo

Like many, I'm looking for a nice 80. No rust, clean undercarriage. Locked or unlocked but it should be priced accordingly. Stock or moderately built. No black, green, or maroon please. I'm flexible on mileage if it has been religiously maintained. Location is not as important as condition.

Thanks!
Mo

Vehicle: Land Cruiser, 1997 FZJ80 40th Anniversary Edition

Mileage: 216K miles

Price: $17,000 or Best Offer

Title in hand. Current inspection. Runs like a top.

The Good:

BF Goodrich all terrain tires with lots of life left (bought 2014)

New aluminum radiator

Pretty exhaustive Service record available (will show hand over to buyer - also can refer you to mechanic who has done all work in last decade).

Pioneer radio / cd with USB and Bluetooth.

Third-row seats

Maintained - I've owned it for 10+ years.

Only known issues:

Dented rear bumper (barely noticeable; see pic).

Scratch in paint on fuel door (barely noticeable; didn't show up in pic).

AC doesn't work on two middle settings.

Power antenna replaced (common problem with these LC's) and replacement is floppy. Works fine. Never bothered me.

Small scrape and bad paint "repair" on front quarter panel (see pic).

Leather on driver's seat has seen better days (see pics). Still serviceable - would advise seat covers if it bothers you.

Passenger seat motor doesn't work.

Sunroof motor doesn't work.

A couple of spots the tortoise shell trim has broken off (see pic).

Summary:

I am a pastor at a local church in Dallas. I bought this truck after returning from living in Africa where they were ubiquitous. I encountered one with over a million miles on it while there. When I got back to the states, I bought one for myself, and it has served me well ever since. This FJ80 is a classic, to my mind the zenith of the development of the Land Cruiser in North America. It has the 4.5 liters, "straight six" engine, maybe the greatest engine ever available on this continent. This edition is the apogee of comfort and capability. I have used this one as an around-town vehicle for the most part, never for serious off-roading. Occasional forays to ranches with muddy roads and light rock scrambles for fishing trips and such. The truck's 20 years old, with the sort of character you would expect, but in great shape for that. It has served me well, and I'll be sad to see it go. After 1997 the J100 series was introduced which got rid of the solid axle and the classic straight-six engine, much loved by those interested in the serious off-road capabilities evinced by Land Cruisers like this one. I have included 11 photos and two bonus pictures for your review.

Please send me an e-mail address to forward you the photos if they are not attached.

Feel free to give me a call at (972) 672-9011 or reach me via e-mail at the following address:

Address: landcruiser1997@hotmail.com

Thanks and GOD Bless You!

Bump. Still looking.

I have not listed my 80 anywhere yet, but it is for sale. It's a 1996 with just under 200k miles. It's straight, clean, triple locked and has minimal issues. I have used it as my daily driver for the past 4.5 years and love it, but it doesn't tow my Airstream. If you are interested I can send you pictures and give a more detailed account of its condition. I'm looking for $6900 and it's in the North Seattle area.

Jojo- sent you a message.

I have not listed my 80 anywhere yet, but it is for sale. It's a 1996 with just under 200k miles. It's straight, clean, triple locked and has minimal issues. I have used it as my daily driver for the past 4.5 years and love it, but it doesn't tow my Airstream. If you are interested I can send you pictures and give a more detailed account of its condition. I'm looking for $6900 and it's in the North Seattle area.

Jojobeed, do you still have your LC for sale?

I have a very clean 1996 FZJ 80 for sale. I am not sure how to link my post to here but if you want to contact me at cwbruns1@yahoo.com I can send you photos and a detailed description. You are welcome to call me at 406-407-0554. Thank you. Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom