Next Club Wheeling Date is Saturday August 20th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great, I have mine hooked up but I didn't get much range while on the trip. I was talking with the group and if someone was only 1/2 mile away I could not hear them.

I have a CB in my 40 but don't use it much. As far as keeping together on ther trail my philosophy is keep the guy behind you in your mirror. Period. For the situation Eric has proposed I wouldthink a cell phone is the best way to communicate. While leading a group at Anthracite during the recent coal mine event Morgan came to the park late and called me on his cell phone while we were headed up to the Barney Rubble trail. I was able to figure where he was and we waitied for him as I steered him in via the phones. Worked out great. That is, provided you know the number of the person you want to contact!

Never been to AOAA, what do I need to know for registration?

I think you can do the waiver online to save time, but it is just as quick and easy as Rausch - only a lot less crowded.

Just a note since your truck is still very nice, Anthracite has a lot of really tight trails that we sometimes get on by accident. You will likely get some scratches on your truck.

I let a beginner run at CMCC and had a few guys angry with me..... Of course, Gary and Greg are better trail guides and may be able to keep us out of the weeds ;-P

Andy

I think you can do the waiver online to save time, but it is just as quick and easy as Rausch - only a lot less crowded.

Just a note since your truck is still very nice, Anthracite has a lot of really tight trails that we sometimes get on by accident. You will likely get some scratches on your truck.

I let a beginner run at CMCC and had a few guys angry with me..... Of course, Gary and Greg are better trail guides and may be able to keep us out of the weeds ;-P

Andy

Thanks for the heads up. I will try and stay out of those...maybe cover my truck in painters tape the night before. :princess:

Gary and Greg are better trail guides and may be able to keep us out of the weeds

Key word here is "maybe"... :lol:

I just did the online waiver at Anthracite, no more filling out the forms when I get to the park! it's quick and easy. And as far as avoiding scratches or damage as trail,eladedrs we all try to keep people in water where they aren't over their heads. That's about as a good a guarantee as I can offer!!!!!

Hope y'all had fun, I know I am :)
20160813_152334.jpg
20160813_151710.jpg
20160813_151626.jpg

@Pacer, you might be a bit :smokin:, it's next Saturday!

@Pacer, you might be a bit :smokin:, it's next Saturday!
Ha, right you are! :cookie:

It's so normal here in Denver it's crazy. Just walk into a store full of like-minded folks, look around, scratch and sniff.

Knowledgeable, enthusiastic staff, reasonable prices, safe, known quantity/quality/variety.

Quite intoxicating. :beer:

Ha, right you are! :cookie:

It's so normal here in Denver it's crazy. Just walk into a store full of like-minded folks, look around, scratch and sniff.

Knowledgeable, enthusiastic staff, reasonable prices, safe, known quantity/quality/variety.

Quite intoxicating. :beer:

I'm jealous and don't even indulge!

Wish I could make it but I'll be at a hockey tournament with my son. I like the camping idea, when does the campground next to AOAA open?

No camping for me, but I'm 100% in now.

What time are we meeting up, 830am as usual?

I'm out for camping. One of my dogs is really sick and basically on hospice. Will be a game time decision if I'm going at all or not. There is a small group of FJ guys going and I believe they are meeting up at 10. If I go I'll probably meet up with them. An 8:30 start time has me leaving my house at roughly 6am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom