New Wheels for the 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everybody! I am new to the ih8mud forum. Proud owner of a 97 Collector's Edition FZJ80. I am looking for new wheels and i wanted to get some feedback on what wheels i should get. Keep in mind, i am on stock 31's and stock suspension height.
The guys at Stealth Custom Series have some awesome wheels. I was bouncing around two different styles.
The F5 (My First choice)
search

and the Stealth 6
search

I want the 16X8 size, which they said the Stealth 6 will release in November. I love the bronze color.
Thanks guys! Feedback and opinions would be greatly appreciated!

I think you need a certain message count before posting photos...

That being said... i JUST found out about SCS and i am in love with their wheels. I personally like the Ray 10's best for a LC. But I think the F5 could be really clean too.

IMO the Stealth 6 look too "new" for an 80

You gotta bore the center of the wheel out on the Stealth 6 to clear out hubs but they'll look good.

Isn't there a group buy on SCS F5 wheels in 17" made specifically for the 80 series?

I love my SCS wheels! Also, I just noticed on their IG page that they announced a new size, 16x8 3.5"BS which would be a killer size for cruisers. The new Ray10 is a sexy looking wheel IMO. I wish they had those when I was getting mine.

The F5 is currently the only "direct fit" for the 80s. The other models have a small lip in the center bore that the center cap snaps into. It's maybe a 1/8" lip that would need to be removed so it will clear the hubs on an 80. I had to remove the lip on my SR8s and it was not too hard. I just used a drum sanding bit on my drill and removed it "by hand". Took me about an hour or so to do all 5 wheels. Of course you could have a machine shop do it quicker, but honestly I'm not sure it would be that much quicker.

If you run wheel spacers you shouldn't have to remove the lip. I am running some 1.25" spidertrax spacers again and it puts the lip area out past the hub so the center caps could be used and the lip would not need to be removed. So in this case you could run any of the different SCS wheels without issue.

Hopefully these two pics give you an idea what I'm talking about. This first one is my SR8 with NO wheel spacer. You can see how the hub/driveflange extends out past the wheel.

Here's a pic from a couple days ago with 1.25" wheel spacers installed. Here the out edge of the center bore is well beyond the driveflange (this is where the lip is for the center cap) so it would not need to be removed with this setup.

Check out FN Wheels also. They have a good selection.

fnwheels.com/

Like that look, blacked-out, classy, "spokers."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom