New Trailer to pull behind the LC200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been dreaming of purchasing a trailer to pull behind the 200. I looked at the X-Venture and AT Chaser Trailer and thought I really liked them but I wanted to do something a little different. I have some friends that own a local aluminum trailer building company and took my thoughts to them on paper. We designed what I thought was going to be an outstanding trailer. It made its maiden voyage a few weeks ago on a 1700 mile trip to Acadia National Park. It did outstanding! Pull great on the highway and did wonderful in some of Maine's backcountry.

Here are the specs on the trailer:

1. 100% Aluminum body and frame.
2. Timberan Axleless 3K HD suspension with 10" brakes. Exact same track width as the 200.
3. Max cupler hitch.
4. Two North Star AMG-31M Batteries.
5. Custom aluminum battery tray and hold downs.
3. Tepui Grand Sabana Ruggedized RTT.

Things to do:

Shore power and solar system.
Goose Gear drawer system with custom slide for ARB frig.
On board water and water heater.
Propane tank.

Here are some photos of the trailer.

IMG_4434.JPG

IMG_4435.jpg

IMG_4438.JPG

IMG_4444.JPG

IMG_4445.JPG

Some additional photos.

IMG_4451.jpg

IMG_4452.JPG

Nice!:clap:

Very nice. I like that it has matching style wheels. It is my dream someday to have a solar-equipped trailer but you already have a nice setup with the dual batteries.

Very nice. I like that it has matching style wheels. It is my dream someday to have a solar-equipped trailer but you already have a nice setup with the dual batteries.
My goal was to have matching wheels and tires.. Thank you for the complements..

Welcome.

Any plans for the batteries?

I am planning on buying a Northstar AGM battery to replace mine soon. They are expensive but the AGM is a better technology.

Welcome.

Any plans for the batteries?

I am planning on buying a Northstar AGM battery to replace mine soon. They are expensive but the AGM is a better technology.
I love the Nortstar AGM Batteries. I have them in the trailer and have a dual set up in the Land Crusier as well. I have been using them for years and they have held up very well.

Here are a few more photos

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Geez, not anywhere near Harrisburg are you, or the people who made the trailer? Is this totally custom or is the
trailer a regular built style? If there was a manufacturer sticker on it I'd just look them up.

Geez, not anywhere near Harrisburg are you, or the people who made the trailer? Is this totally custom or is the
trailer a regular built style? If there was a manufacturer sticker on it I'd just look them up.
It was total custom.. It was my design and they brought it to life. They did and outstanding job. I am north of Harrisburg about 1:40 min. The builder is about 2 miles from my house. Let me know if you have any questions..

Very nice, looks like perfect proportion. I'm just here for a week more working, thx for the info. J

Why the 6 lug tacoma rock warrior wheels instead of matching 5 lug setup?
Good catch! Toyota sold the trailer company the wrong wheels and they did not know they were the wrong ones. I have new wheels ready but am waiting on new hubs to fit the 5 lug pattern..

Does it have LED on inside lid to shine on contents?

I see it now! It's on inside

Either Fender could hold a Jerry Can for Fuel storage outside of trailer (if it leaks, no issue)

Does it have LED on inside lid to shine on contents?

I see it now! It's on inside
It does have lights inside the trailer that turn on via switch.. I am putting in the shore hook up, batter charger and trailer s-pod system this weekend. I will be adding lights under the trailer to illuminate 360 around the trailer. They will be connected to an s-pod system to turn them on. When I get the onboard water system installed the 12 v pump will also be connected to the s-pod as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom