New Trail-Gear 80 series tube bumpers... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The rear is meh but I like the front ok. With all the deer in my area though I like a little more coverage.

The rear is meh but I like the front ok. With all the deer in my area though I like a little more coverage.
Me too. A deer would get broke up and go thru that tube bumper. I need higher clearance than my ARB offers for rock crawling so I'm going to chop the bottom of the wings and weld new plate on the bottom and back.

Hate the rear, but love the front. I for one have always had excellent luck with Trail Gear. There might be certain products that have issues, but I've had great experience with their tube bumper and sliders. My first product of theirs was a set of sliders that I won on a Pirate giveaway. They were the 67" ones that fit an 80. I had them on my old '93 for probably 8 years and beat the snot out of them with no visible damage other than some scratching on the underside.

I can confirm that these sliders are rock solid still as I have had this rig for about a year now

tube bumpers look funnah on an 80 but its nice to have another option

I had the 8274 on my 40 and it was a great winch to be sure. The thing liked most was the speed. I knew it would be more effort to fit one in my 80 so I went with the COMEUP I have now. It's not an upright (highmount as you call it) but I've liked it just as much and it has slightly better power and faster line speed. Was also a simple fit in this TG bumper.
But I can't argue the greatness of the Warn upright.

100:1 gears, 12hp motor, and 12 24v switching for 40% more speed and another 1000 rpm makes them awesome. [double motor top hats available too]

GPS says 4 mph winch speed uphill ;)

12141746_1631383167130996_3294966392184296911_n.jpg

@AutoCraft Aus , you like anything thats fast... Hmmm. 4 mph dual stand up winch... up hill... But it's not as good of a story than your old 40 doing 100 mph on 38 swampers with 10 psi in the tyers.

LOL, the dual motor ones are 8mph on 24v.

Did I tell you about when we were doing 200kph in the sand dunes in my 80 with 10 psi one time ?

Passenger screaming hurt my ears then too.

100:1 gears, 12hp motor, and 12 24v switching for 40% more speed and another 1000 rpm makes them awesome. [double motor top hats available too]

GPS says 4 mph winch speed uphill ;)

12141746_1631383167130996_3294966392184296911_n.jpg
That is very impressive! I like. When I was looking for options for my 80 and searching for upright winch alternatives I found another one from COMEUP. Their Blazer winch is pretty sexy too, with pretty good specs, dual 7hp motors, 50m/minute line speed. Was designed for the competition scene. I went with something else partly because of the pricetag, but also because of the size. It's slightly larger than an 8274 (wider drum, and a bit taller) and would have required a fair amount of modification to my front bar to fit my 80.
Blazer / 3.6 Tonnes Championship Winch
Blazer Winch – COMEUP Industries Inc.

But I'm with you. I'm a fan of the upright winch design.

Here's my rear tube bumper design. I had great clearance/departure angle. don't be afraid to cut that rear cross member off. I was super nervous at first about the idea but after I did it and got the bumper installed I was super happy with the final result.
Thoughts on my bumper design

I would very much like to have clones of bhicks' bumpers. Unfortunately for me, "very much" to me means about what Trail Gear would charge for a offshore clone; NOT the amount it would cost to tempt bhicks into recreating them for me.

I don't think the front or rear Trail Gear 80 bumpers look awesome, but don't hate either of them. If the price is as low as I've seen their mini pickup bumpers, I may buy them.

Personally I think they should have eliminated the rear crossmember in the same way the 4x4Labs rear bumper does and it would have allowed for a much cleaner and tighter bumper that would have also allowed a receiver hitch to be used in the bumper.
You are lucky, in my state they will kick you of the road for eliminating parts of the frame. From time to time they even recognize it.:) The 4x4Labs rear bumper is my favourite (but it seems to me, nobody is interested to send it overseas!), this trail gear rear bumber, ... try again.

The front one is ok, bump it offroad had better ideas.

$418.00
That's a pretty decent price.

I was waiting for the prices to come up.

$387 no stinger
$418 with stinger
$156 winch plate and front reciever (looks like a great starting point for homemade)

My money will be heading that direction when I get my insurance check :D

I was looking at the bumper, was a little unclear if you had to have the winch plate to mount the tube bumper? Any one know the answer to that one

The winch plate is included if you get a full bumper (it is integral to the design of the bumper). But you can also buy just the winch plate on it's own if you want to use it as a starting point to build your own bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom