New Thule Trailer (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ya. Similar torsion as in like http://www.trailerpartsdepot.com/it...OneStopFeed&&gclid=COP7ipy1zrcCFYiDQgodxUgAdw

Or http://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...i_sku=129285&gclid=CJSf5s61zrcCFSeCQgodERUAsw

Or even the two piece type if the frame width is too weird.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200335742_200335742

I thought a car bolt pattern matched so spare tires and wheels weren't such a pain...but for sure for replacing bearings n such I'd swap to u.s. torsion or build an AT trailing arm.

Thule Trailer 1700

azarmadillo Anyone have a Thule Adventure 1700 trailer they would like to sell?

Hi I will be looking to sell this trailer in August I live in Staten Island NY .It is in great shape used it a few times .If interested Email me Cebern85@aol.com

Hey folks.
I recently acquired a 2006 Thule n3205 and I really like it.
I'm not sure this was mentioned before on this thread, but anyone that owns one, really needs a heads-up on something I discovered through my research.

Major safety recall on some of these units
The recall says 73 units are affected, but there are a lot of owners who are not aware yet.

http://www.automd.com/recall/campaign_c71326

I almost found out the hard way!

On my first trip home with this trailer, it was vibrating something fierce.
Inspected underneath to find the bottom of the box-frame was beginning to TEAR where the axle mounts to it!

I have since reassembled the configuration of components, so that the angle bracket stiffener sits above the bottom of the "sheetmetal" frame.
Basically, you want to sandwich the box frame sheetmetal between the axle angle and the upper angle bracket.

I also made some 8"x6" gussets and thrubolted them to the vertical portion of the longitudinal box frame.

I was finally able to get a spare wheel thanks to Mike Boyd at Autoflex Inc. - KNOTT and for a reasonable price. A plate with welded threaded rod mounts through the rim into the bottom of my steel tongue box and another metal plate. Held up with lock washers and wing nuts. I hope this set-up works out! It was the best way I could come up with for carrying the spare wheel. Hope the link works.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/3kxm7cmjfjjvxvc/8OviK1nTI7

You got a link to your wheel supplier?
I'm still on the hunt for a 10" rim.
Good look'n trailer btw...

Thank you! I really like this trailer. Gotten so much use out of it.

Here is the contact info for Mike Boyd

Autoflex Inc. - Knott
100 industrial drive
Fox Lake Wis. 53933
Office: 920-928-6875
Fax: 920-928-6880
Cell: 920-344-3990
m.boyd@autoflex.hu

Boy, I sure appreciate that info!
The last price I got was $80 (not including shipping from Europe)
What did you have to pay for your wheel?

Also...do you happen to know the actual bolt-pattern and center bore?...
I think its 4 on 100mm, but I'm not for sure.

Boy, I sure appreciate that info!
The last price I got was $80 (not including shipping from Europe)
What did you have to pay for your wheel?

Also...do you happen to know the actual bolt-pattern and center bore?...
I think its 4 on 100mm, but I'm not for sure.

I paid $110 for the wheel(tire/rim) and $26 to ship it to me. My wheel is 13"

Don't know exact bolt pattern off hand. 4 on 100mm may be correct.

Disney 2012 Summer Camping 031.jpg
Disney 2012 Summer Camping 032.jpg
IMG_20130804_131705_665.jpg
IMG_20130804_131654_152.jpg
IMG_20130804_131654_152.jpg

Another lurking Thule Trailer owner. I modded mine about 3 years ago adding a front platform for bikes and misc camping gear. Inside the back of the trailer I have added a little "galley kitchen" which makes campsite setup really convenient. The trailer mod works great for family camping for our family of 5. We always bring lots of bicycles and surf toys/fishing gear with us, hence the rooftop box; with 3 kids we can use all the room inside that we can get.
View attachment 655753

I'd love to see your tongue extension up close. Am thinking about an easy temp extension so we can haul out canoe on top of the Brenderup trailer. Need about 3 or 4 ft longer tongue to keep the canoe out of the car's back end. We have the Titanic of aluminum canoes. ;)

Last weekend rode the river below the dam here and while reloading the canoe on top of the car my teenager almost dropped his end of the canoe on the car. Would rather keep the wear and tear on the trailer. With the ABS top removed and the double sides installed, the canoe would ride very well on top of the trailer with ratchet straps down to the trailer frame rails. Lower load height too. I might even explore a 2x4 wood beam at each end of the trailer with notches cut in it to keep the wood from sliding around, and the canoe from sliding around. Might even could extend the width of the trailer this same way to carry two canoes side by side upside down. better to put wet gear in the trailer than in the car.

I think I have something in mind for the tongue extension and will draw it up in CAD later when I have time. Basically a hitch ball that fits into the existing Brenderup tongue, with a new hitch on the end of the extension. Then some extra bar stock so I can clamp it to the trailer with threaded rods. Not a good way to haul dirt or rock but fine for a lightweight canoe or two. Easy to remove for regular loads. I don't want the extra tongue length all the time.

We're still using this trailer weekly, sometimes multiple times per week. It's been out of state several times and to the beach. Still on the original tires, floor, bearings, axle, ABS top, lighting, etc. Bought a tongue jack last weekend, haven't installed it. Came from Harbor Freight. $20. Just want to be able to park the trailer and level it without the car hitched up. We use the trailer as a kitchen/mess sometimes on campouts. Easy way tokeep the critters out of our food at night. We have slept in it - better than on the ground. Wide enough for an adult and a child or a couple of kids. Leave the top open or close it with the top half of the tailgate removed for a "windows". Snoring makes a racket though. ;) Still hauling Boy Scout gear. Still using that same CR-V. 276K miles and the original clutch!

Two repairs needed now: one of the fenders has a corner missing. One of the ABS top pivot bolts has stripped out. Will remove this week, drill out the threads and spot weld a new nut onto the back side of the corner brace.

Last edited:
I have a 1205 Thule and have a pleading request: Does anybody have a spare 13" OEM wheel from their 1205? I am in desperate need!

Just looked at the EBAY UK website and there are Brenderup wheels and tires for $25 UK pounds on there. Currently there are a pair with tires for $25 UK pounds. How much could shipping be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom